Peds/EM @ Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdh71

Grim Optimist.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see any info in the last year in here on this. Anyone have any information on this combined program? I'm asking for a med student friend of mine who doesn't post on here. She likes both peds and EM, and it appears to be the only program combining the two. If you prefer to PM me with info feel free. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

University of Maryland and University of Indiana also have EM/Peds, along with Arizona. Wayne State/Detroit Receiving used to have EM/Peds (which is what my mentor in residency did), but no longer.

I cannot speak as to competitiveness versus straight EM, but it is more competitive than straight peds.

There are three EM/Peds programs as the other poster stated. Indiana University has a great FAQ on their website that answers many of the common questions about dual training.

In terms of competitiveness, each EM/Peds program is probably as competitive as their respective emergency residency in terms of board scores and grades and you have to demonstrate that you would succeed in both specialties and have the study skills to pass both board exams.