Peds Neuro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTP

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How competitive are the peds neuro spots after finishing the first two years of peds(for IMGs in particular)?
Also, does anyone have any insight as to the job market for pediatric neurologist. Is it wide open, meaning there are spots in any city, or more limited.
Lastly, what is the salary range.

Members don't see this ad.

PTP, I am not sure how competitive the residencies are for Peds Neuro and I attend a U.S. Med school. You might read some of the posts on the peds forum. I know that the job market is VERY good. There is up to a 3 month wait for a patient to get in to see a peds neurologist. I have already been offered jobs after residency in my home town! There is a great need for this specialty. As far as salary, I'm not sure. I've heard it's not that great because many of the children are disabled and are on medicaid which has poor reimbursements for docs. I'll let you know if I find out anything on the competitiveness of this residency.

Thanks for the information, and yes please keep me posted if you find out anything else.