Penn vs Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taramichellle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!
I was recently accepted to both Penn and Stony Brook for dental school. I am a NY resident, so Stony Brook would be the far less expensive choice, but penn has a great reputation (as far as I'm aware) so I'm having a lot of trouble deciding. I don't mean to complain- I feel so fortunate to have this choice- however, I was just hoping to get some outside opinions to help me decide.

What do you think is the best choice career-wise? Is penn worth the extra money? Will I have the same residency opportunities coming out of each of these schools?

Thanks so much guys!

Members don't see this ad.

SB has great reputation too, and high speciality rates! Great class size, positive changes towards program. Isn't Penn like double the cost of SB, including living expenses?

Go to SB :p

Members don't see this ad :)
What if both schools costed the same and SB decided to give you a 150k scholarship to go there. What would you choose then?

Reactions: 1 users
goto the cheaper school, and thank me later. Patients don't care where you went to dental school, or if you're a DMD or DDS.