Pennsylvania MPJE resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WalkNFaith

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best materials to use for PA Mpje law materials? If so, please let me know what worked for you, do you have any materials to share or advice as I prepare for the exam for early May. I am also interested in a Skype study group too.

Kind regards,

Walknfaith

Members don't see this ad.

I took the PA MPJE last week. I honestly thought that I failed miserably, but I got my score yesterday and scored 95!!!

I studied from MPJE Made Easy by Jerry Musheno and from the MPJE Simplified book. I read each of these twice and took the exam. I think either one of these would have been sufficient alone since together they were quite pricey ($75 and $85 respectively) and since Pennsylvania laws are easily accessible online. Each of these study materials offered helpful tips that they thought would show up on the test.

I would recommend using one of these resources and reading online the following: Chapter 27 of the Pennsylvania Code (http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/049/chapter27/chap27toc.html), the Pennsylvania pharmacy act, the Controlled Substance, Drug, Device, and Cosmetic Act. I did not study much for federal law since it was only 3% of the test and I think that was pretty accurate since I don't remember a plethora of federal law questions (like FDCA and its amendments, FDAMA, HIPAA, etc). Controlled substances were a big focus in the study guides and I would recommend knowing those laws well.

The main thing is just to remain calm and choose the most reasonable answer. As I was taking the exam and feeling like I knew NOTHING, I was obviously doing pretty well... Good Luck Everyone and let me know if you have any questions about the specific study materials I used.

I took the PA MPJE last week. I honestly thought that I failed miserably, but I got my score yesterday and scored 95!!!

I studied from MPJE Made Easy by Jerry Musheno and from the MPJE Simplified book. I read each of these twice and took the exam. I think either one of these would have been sufficient alone since together they were quite pricey ($75 and $85 respectively) and since Pennsylvania laws are easily accessible online. Each of these study materials offered helpful tips that they thought would show up on the test.

I would recommend using one of these resources and reading online the following: Chapter 27 of the Pennsylvania Code (http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/049/chapter27/chap27toc.html), the Pennsylvania pharmacy act, the Controlled Substance, Drug, Device, and Cosmetic Act. I did not study much for federal law since it was only 3% of the test and I think that was pretty accurate since I don't remember a plethora of federal law questions (like FDCA and its amendments, FDAMA, HIPAA, etc). Controlled substances were a big focus in the study guides and I would recommend knowing those laws well.

The main thing is just to remain calm and choose the most reasonable answer. As I was taking the exam and feeling like I knew NOTHING, I was obviously doing pretty well... Good Luck Everyone and let me know if you have any questions about the specific study materials I used.

Also, the Flashcards found here( https://quizlet.com/5899091/pa-mpje-pa-law-flash-cards/ ) follow Mr. Musheno's outline very well and offer a nice review!

Members don't see this ad :)