People who have taken the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TXDDS2014

Are the real DAT RC questions pretty close to the topscore ones. I saw some people talking about how it asks some tone questions but are there only a few of those and then the rest like topscores where they are straight from the passage? So I can use my search and destroy without worrying too much?

And are angle rankings three degrees apart like CDP or are they a little easier to tell the difference between on the real DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

from my experience, topscore is a bit different from the real one. However, I did get very close score to the score i got on topscore rc section on the real test

This may sound like a dumb question but what are tone questions? :oops: I'm not sure if I've encountered these types of questions in my practice tests...

The program whos RC is most similar to the real DAT in format is achiever, however the real DAT ios way more difficult than achiever. As for using search and destroy, it is effective depending on which readig passage you get. If you get frapp or piano you are screwed either way.

Members don't see this ad :)
This may sound like a dumb question but what are tone questions? :oops: I'm not sure if I've encountered these types of questions in my practice tests...

A tone question is "what is the tone of the passage". They are the most difficult types of questions because often times the passages were not written by accomplished authors and the writing is vague and unclear. It is up to you to determine how the twisted mind of the author worked to try and figure out what tone he was writing in.

Well then I hope I don't get the piano or frap passage, what is so hard about them?

Well frapp has ethics which is too long and Piano is impossible because its missing info and has a ton of tone questions.

There's no way to study for that section since you don'tr know what to expect --just read and don't panic even if you get that ethics/piano passage. GL.

I think Kaplan did a great job in terms of matching the difficulty of the RC section. I found their outline making strategy to work really well for me too.

I think Kaplan did a great job in terms of matching the difficulty of the RC section. I found their outline making strategy to work really well for me too.

lol you probably got one of the easy RC sections, count yor blessings.