People who took the new NBDE1 (2012)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you please provide some feedback? Appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats ffh05 ur feedback was very helpful ... U must b relieved now... Im giving mine in july .... I am doin decks 2 time used usmle roadmap for physio biochem anat n boardbuster for da and micro path.. Also did q paper once is there anythin else im missing out or gud... All advises are appreciated...
Thnx

Hello Everybody

I gave the NBDE PART 1 on 29th May 2013. I got the result today. I Passed & so will you. The SDN site has helped me a lot in my preparation so its now my turn to give back.

Materials used by me
1) Dental Decks 2012-2013
2) ASDA released papers A - N
3) Crack the NBDE
4) Wikipedia

Study pattern
1) Dental decks:- 2 times thoroughly & brushed it the third time. Understand every aspect of it & do not by heart. Whatever I did not understand I used wikipedia to get my concepts clear.

2) ASDA papers:- right from A to N. Yes, even the old ones.

3) took Crack the NBDE 15 days before the exam.

3) Went through the questions I did not know again.

Preparation time
3 months, 10 hrs a day. First two months only dental decks. Last month revision of decks and questions (ASDA + Crack)

Scores
After doing dental decks thoroughly I was getting a raw score of 70-80 for Anatomy Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology. Dental Anatomy was between 80-90.
In the K and L I scored 300-310/400.
Crack the NBDE I got composite average scores of 86, 87, 89.
Crack the NBDE stimulates the real exam. It has high level questions. The actual exam is much easier but very conceptual.

On the exam
I felt the exam was every much Dental Deck and ASDA paper oriented.
I was sure of about 300/400 questions.About 20 questions were not in my study material. Remaining 80 questions I was confused between 2 options.
Repeats are there from ASDA papers, cant say how many.
Testlets I got 8 of them and they were pretty confusing but doable.

On what I should have done more
I should have done First Aid, Its a very good book. Similar to the decks. I did not have it.

On what I am happy I DID NOT DO
everything related to kaplan. Its a waste of time. The lecture notes, videos, questions according to me all are just a waste of time.

My suggestions.
Dental decks are a must. (Preferably latest ones)
Study limited and revise the same thing again and again.
Solve as many questions you can.

In short my key to success were dental decks + ASDA papers.

It is not a very difficult exam. Concepts are more important than minute details. Revise the dental decks and papers as much as you can.

Hope this helps!

Goodluck to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi

I had my part 1 yesterday.
Dental anatomy was judge from every angle.

I had equel questions from all subjects.

Total 7 testlates were asked.

Also had around 25 repeats from asda.

Let me know if i can help....

Waiting for my results.

Hope I pass........

Hi

I had my part 1 yesterday.
Dental anatomy was judge from every angle.

I had equel questions from all subjects.

Total 7 testlates were asked.

Also had around 25 repeats from asda.

Let me know if i can help....

Waiting for my results.

Hope I pass........
:thumbup:all the best for your result can you can you tell something abt the basic science subjects like any special topic concerned thanks !!!

Hello Everybody

I gave the NBDE PART 1 on 29th May 2013. I got the result today. I Passed & so will you. The SDN site has helped me a lot in my preparation so its now my turn to give back.

Materials used by me
1) Dental Decks 2012-2013
2) ASDA released papers A - N
3) Crack the NBDE
4) Wikipedia

Study pattern
1) Dental decks:- 2 times thoroughly & brushed it the third time. Understand every aspect of it & do not by heart. Whatever I did not understand I used wikipedia to get my concepts clear.

2) ASDA papers:- right from A to N. Yes, even the old ones.

3) took Crack the NBDE 15 days before the exam.

3) Went through the questions I did not know again.

Preparation time
3 months, 10 hrs a day. First two months only dental decks. Last month revision of decks and questions (ASDA + Crack)

Scores
After doing dental decks thoroughly I was getting a raw score of 70-80 for Anatomy Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology. Dental Anatomy was between 80-90.
In the K and L I scored 300-310/400.
Crack the NBDE I got composite average scores of 86, 87, 89.
Crack the NBDE stimulates the real exam. It has high level questions. The actual exam is much easier but very conceptual.

On the exam
I felt the exam was every much Dental Deck and ASDA paper oriented.
I was sure of about 300/400 questions.About 20 questions were not in my study material. Remaining 80 questions I was confused between 2 options.
Repeats are there from ASDA papers, cant say how many.
Testlets I got 8 of them and they were pretty confusing but doable.

On what I should have done more
I should have done First Aid, Its a very good book. Similar to the decks. I did not have it.

On what I am happy I DID NOT DO
everything related to kaplan. Its a waste of time. The lecture notes, videos, questions according to me all are just a waste of time.

My suggestions.
Dental decks are a must. (Preferably latest ones)
Study limited and revise the same thing again and again.
Solve as many questions you can.

In short my key to success were dental decks + ASDA papers.

It is not a very difficult exam. Concepts are more important than minute details. Revise the dental decks and papers as much as you can.

Hope this helps!

Goodluck to all.
Reading your PLAN OF ACTION which would have started around 4 months back, in order to get guided, I read more than 2 times... Saying thanks would get more pleased, if you can just land me ASDA A-N.
[email protected] is my email

For those that are interested in my experience.
SO I just took the exam and now the waiting game begins! I appreciate Dentstud11, Roxy128, Drasr and others for sharing their experience with us! :D

Lol... Now its my turn. The exam is pretty much what others have said on the forum. For DA/OCC it was by far the volume of questions they asked. I would say every 2 or 3 question was related to Dental in some way and for this section I used all three sources: decks, kaplan and first aide. If you still dont understand a concept, use the web! You should know all angles and definitions that they throw at you. Dont rush and skip a concept!

For the rest I started with First aide first. Then did the decks, followed by the asda papers. I took Dentstud advise and took simulated practice exams. It really helped! Remember, seeing the prometic center's location and familiarizing your self will keep you be a lot calmer when the D-date comes around.

I had 10 testlest and no pictures of anything! Few true and false. And no matching, fill in the blanks. I think its doable if you study right. Side notes from the decks and first aide are a must. All those tricks and advice come in hand.

I think 3 months is overkill specially if you arent working. I say all you need is like 5-6 weeks with like 4-6 hours each day will be more then enough. I know some American students that rushed studied for 2 weeks and failed. They went thinking that if I do the decks once its good enough. Wrong! You also have to get a feel for the questions too.

I wish all of you the best of luck! I will help out like how others have helped me. :D

Hi guys! Unfortunately I didn't pass the exam. Got 72.
My preparation was: kaplan review, dental decks and released papers. In general everything was read once. Well, not enough for me.
Gonna take the test second time. Maybe I should concentrate more on other materials?
Please give me an advice

Today, 04:53 PM #563
yildirimcemal

Status Dentist

I gave the PART 1 on17th Jun 2013. I got the result yesterday.PASSED

Hi ,can u give some feed back how the exam was and materials u used .mine is in 15days.very tensed

Members don't see this ad :)
Reading your PLAN OF ACTION which would have started around 4 months back, in order to get guided, I read more than 2 times... Saying thanks would get more pleased, if you can just land me ASDA A-N.
[email protected] is my email

Oh my God congrats... Big stone turned away ... Good im giving on aug 23 i did decks 2012 ones n doin asda papers now! Will revise decks again since u told crack the nbde is good wil buy that too..

My result just came i passed nbde part 1 thanks anu and all whoever helped me.. Will write a detail review of how the pattern is an all after some time.. n if any1 has questions can email at [email protected]

hi everyone im preparing for the xm i hv few doubts pls help me

what is the seat getting percent in the xm and what all books need to study pls post the list

hi pls guide me for preparing nbde 1.wat study material n paatern of exam......pass score etc...

Congratulation , good job!!!!!
Please i do need an advice: I have dental decks 2009-10 which included ethics/patient management & booklet of testlets. Do you think i'll be fine with that or i need to have the newest one?

PS. Does anyone have all ADSA released papers who is willing to sell ???

thanks for your answer

Last edited:
Congratulation , good job!!!!!
Please i do need an advice: I have dental decks 2009-10 which included ethics/patient management & booklet of testlets. Do you think i'll be fine with that or i need to have the newest one?

PS. Does anyone have all ADSA released papers who is willing to sell ???

thanks for your answer

Hii

I have a soft copy of ASDA paper. If you msg me your email address, I will forward it to you.

Hi All,
I have my part 1 in Nov and still miles away from any rescue..
Can anyone please share any question pattern/tips that you think could help in solving he questions???
Please guide.
Saz

hi everyone im preparing for the xm i hv few doubts pls help me

what is the seat getting percent in the xm and what all books need to study pls post the list[/QUOTE

Hi,

study material for NBDE part 1 -

Kaplan Review notes
First Aid
Dental Decks
Mosby Question paper
ASDA papers(A-N series)

I studied from these materials. Preparation time 3-4 months with daily reading and solving papers.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Anybody who needs Kaplan review notes or dental decks 2009-10 soft copy, post your email id here. I will email it to you.

Hi everyone,

I am just about to apply for NBDE 1, currently researching on what materials to use, and where to purchase.

I heard that they will intergate NBDE 1 and 2, aka INBDE. Does anyone know if this has started or when it will start?

Molar90

thanks for the email. was able to receive file not could not open, it was asking for a password. Could you email me the password please? Also, if you still have your kaplan review available to send, may i ask for them too? My email add is: [email protected]

Thank you!

Hi,,actually iam new to this ,,will u guys help me,from where can i get the released exams?? Wt is the q bank??what is the testlets?? there is any practicing exams rather than the released exams??

Hi,,actually iam new to this ,,will u guys help me,from where can i get the released exams?? Wt is the q bank??what is the testlets?? there is any practicing exams rather than the released exams??

You can go to the asda website and order released exams online. Depending on what set you will buy, price will vary. You may want to call asda and ask for the pricing.

have u started with your application?