Perceptual Ability

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melmu001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do yall ppl average on the Crack the DAT PAT. I average 17s and 16s on the Crack the DAT PAT. Is every PAT version someone gets is easier than Crack the DAT PAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I took 9 of the 10 CDP exams and averaged around 23. The cube counting on CDP was much more complex than what I saw on the real DAT, but the real keyholes I saw were significantly harder than CDP keyholes. I thought hole punching on CDP was representative because they cover the harder 1/3 folds and such that I saw on the actual test.

What are some techniques for angles?
I always struggled with the angles in my practice tests. Sometimes I would miss half of them it seemed like. The strategy I used the most was the hill method. For acute angles, I would imagine riding a bike down the outside of the angle. The steeper the slope, the faster you would go, and the larger the angle. For obtuse angles, same thing but riding the bike on the inside of the angle, with the smaller angle having the steeper slope. I used the angle ranking generator a lot on DAT Botcamp to practice.

I'm probably in the minority when I say this but I bought crack dat PAT and was very disapppointed. I'm going to retake next month and on the first time around I got a 21 on the PAT section. I highly recommend DAT bootcamp and Qvault for PAT practice. Highly disappointed in crack dat pat, I paid 100$ for a desktop icon of a tooth. Worthless imo.