Perio 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jacksonkelly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
any good news yet? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Interview from vcu in august...

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received interview invitation from VCU for August 8th and very excited about it, from what I understand is that all interviews will be done on one day

do you have any info about the program? how many residents do they accept each yr?

Interview from vcu in august...

They take 3 residents, I believe. It is a good program, but I dont know any details. See you on the eighth!

has anyone interviewed at tufts yet? i have mine coming up this week

also got invites for UMich and UWash :)

does anyone know if UMN accepts residents without interviews? anyone familiar with their admission and acceptance process?

i picked the sept 16 date cause i have something else aug 25. gonna look into switching it though as i'd like to be interviewed before sept.

is mich a top choice for you?

When did you receive invitation from TUFTS? By Email or Mail?

hi all best of luck...anyone applied to UT houston or san antonio?

when did you guys apply? how soon did you get interview invitations after applying? i have only interviewed at UIC so far. anybody interview there?

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you guys apply? how soon did you get interview invitations after applying? i have only interviewed at UIC so far. anybody interview there?

i applied in end of May/early June
UIC's deadline in May....i think thats why they started the interviewing process

i received a call for interview for Oklahoma in August too :D

anyone heard from UMN? or familiar with their interview process?

Just got a call from NYU. Anybody interviewed there or heard about it? Thanks!

can those who got interviewed share the experience.... how did it go ,questions asked...etc

nyu called me for interview aug 4...

Already interviewed at Loma Linda, waiting to hear back from others too.

Congrats. Can you describe the interview experience? What questions did they ask?

For me it was pretty straight forward. It was a little bit about why I want to be a periodontist, little bit about me personally and then they allowed me to ask questions.

Are the interview invitations out for Ohio State University?

For me it was pretty straight forward. It was a little bit about why I want to be a periodontist, little bit about me personally and then they allowed me to ask questions.

Thanks for your input! My interview was the same no clinical questions were asked.

Did you interview at VCU? Some people indicated that the longest schools would wait is a week.

My husband is actually the one who is applying, I am just trying to stay sane. He has interviewed at VCU, nothing from MD or UPENN yet. We are restricted to the east coast because I work in DC.

The interesting thing about the Guidelines is that it says institutions can't require a response before Labor day, it says nothing about when the institution can let the candidate know they have been accepted.

The interesting thing about the Guidelines is that it says institutions can't require a response before Labor day, it says nothing about when the institution can let the candidate know they have been accepted.

page 2 of the recruitment guidelines pdf (link in the first paragraph):
First Acceptance Date:
Institutions shall offer an applicant acceptance no earlier than:
The Friday before Labor Day of Each Year – For the 2011 recruitment cycle, the date is Friday, September 2, 2011
Applicants to Accept or Decline Date:
Institutions shall allow students several days to give confirmation of acceptance, no earlier than:
The Tuesday after Labor Day of Each Year – For the 2011 recruitment cycle, the date is Tuesday, September 6, 2011

applied to stony brook, columbia, vcu, maryland, and UNC. interview tomorrow at SB (my dental school) and columbia in september.

submitted columbia july 30, got the interview invite e-mail aug 2nd. ordered my college transcripts and board scores june 13 and july 10, respectively.

Has anyone heard from uconn, minnesota,baylor, ohio state yet?

Does anyone know approximately the number of applicants for most perio programs? Is it in the hundreds, in the fifties, in the thirties? How many of the applicants get interviews? Do most applicants get invited for interviews? Half of the applicants? And are interviews a guarantee that you will be accepted as long as you do well on the interview? Wondering if anyone has any answers or thoughts to any of these questions.:xf:

Does anyone know approximately the number of applicants for most perio programs? Is it in the hundreds, in the fifties, in the thirties? How many of the applicants get interviews? Do most applicants get invited for interviews? Half of the applicants? And are interviews a guarantee that you will be accepted as long as you do well on the interview? Wondering if anyone has any answers or thoughts to any of these questions.:xf:

Go to this link: http://www.perio.org/education/us.html
It has a breakdown of each program, including the ratio of applicants to acceptances.
If you get an interview you have passed the academic threshhold of the program. However, when it comes down to picking Applicant A or B who both performed well during the interviews, it goes back to being a stats game.

those data on perio.org is too old, it has not shown current or last year condition as what i know.

good luck

I'd say some of the big names get over 100 applicants..... Typically interview 10-15 for 2-4 spots....

page 2 of the recruitment guidelines pdf (link in the first paragraph):
First Acceptance Date:
Institutions shall offer an applicant acceptance no earlier than:
The Friday before Labor Day of Each Year – For the 2011 recruitment cycle, the date is Friday, September 2, 2011
Applicants to Accept or Decline Date:
Institutions shall allow students several days to give confirmation of acceptance, no earlier than:
The Tuesday after Labor Day of Each Year – For the 2011 recruitment cycle, the date is Tuesday, September 6, 2011

applied to stony brook, columbia, vcu, maryland, and UNC. interview tomorrow at SB (my dental school) and columbia in september.

The problem is that it is a "guideline," not a set of hard set rules. Trust me some schools don't follow that guideline.

up to now, I got two interview invitation, actually, only short moment I was excited, when I look at the tuition, there is no way to be happy. sometimes, I just doubt myself, is it good choice? 3-years program, it needs $150,000-200,000 (including life expenses), I don't know how you guys feel about it?:mad: