Perio 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get accepted anywhere yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
who already got interviewed? Could you be nice share the interview experience here? Thank you very much!:):love:

I had two interviews already, one at NYU and one at VCU. NYU was very laid back, they asked why perio? why nyu? and what questions did you have about the program? VCU was more structured, but same idea- why perio? why vcu? where do you see yourself in 10 years? any questions for us? good luck!

I had two interviews already, one at NYU and one at VCU. NYU was very laid back, they asked why perio? why nyu? and what questions did you have about the program? VCU was more structured, but same idea- why perio? why vcu? where do you see yourself in 10 years? any questions for us? good luck!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap:

I just interviewed at Rochester, South Carolina and Minnesota.

Rochester and South Carolina were both pretty standard.
- why did you decide to apply here?
- why do you want to be a periodontist?
- why should we take you?

Minnesota was a little different. It was just us asking them questions, not the other way around. I don't know...

At all the schools, they spent a good amount of time showing us around the clinic and the rest of the school. They wanted to make sure we had a good idea of what we were getting ourselves in to.

Good luck to everyone!

Got an interview with Maryland for perio on Monday. As anyone interviewed there?

Anyone else got accepted somewhere? Please kindly post where you got interviewed? and where you decide to go? so other people here can know better about the application situation. Thank you very much!:):):):luck::luck::luck:

so maybe the majority of school are waiting for next friday to release acceptances? hope so!

Im anxiously holding it together. I'm just hoping those interviews that I paid to fly to will pay off!!

Members don't see this ad :)
My husband and I have decided that VCU is our number 1 choice. Despite the fact that we will have live separately for three years cuz I work in DC, its worth saving the 150K+ it costs to go anywhere else. This wait is killing me more than it is killing him. The man is like an iceberg and I am going crazy!!

Im anxiously holding it together. I'm just hoping those interviews that I paid to fly to will pay off!!

Seriously, those last minute flights are not cheap!

I'm really hoping for Rochester New York

nothing here either :(

Congrats! How did he find out? Email? Still nothing here.

Bump! Nothing either
I guess that's it.
Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

I guest, if you have not got offer today, you may in the wait-list. for the applicant the program like most will get offer today.
you still have chance since someone will get several offer and decline some. just my cent.

good luck

Bump! Nothing either
I guess that's it.
Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Anybody notified of the admission from Ohio State university? I am anxiously waiting for their reply.

hi everyone, i have withdrawn my applications from columbia and maryland. if you are interested in those schools, I would call to see if they will give you my interview spots - 9/7 for columbia and 9/12 for maryland. it could be that the classes are full already due to the new agreement, but it's worth a shot if you think they are your top choices. i got into UNC but did not accept, so if you know anyone who interviewed there I would give the same advice - call and express your interest ASAP. not sure what kind of system they have in place to fill the class if their initial offers didn't take.

as for me, i'm sticking with staying at stony brook!

hi everyone, i have withdrawn my applications from columbia and maryland. if you are interested in those schools, I would call to see if they will give you my interview spots - 9/7 for columbia and 9/12 for maryland. it could be that the classes are full already due to the new agreement, but it's worth a shot if you think they are your top choices. i got into UNC but did not accept, so if you know anyone who interviewed there I would give the same advice - call and express your interest ASAP. not sure what kind of system they have in place to fill the class if their initial offers didn't take.

as for me, i'm sticking with staying at stony brook!

Thank you for the suggestion! Congratulations and Good Luck!

Congrats and Thanks wigglytooth!!
I just dont understand how Maryland is still interviewing and already sent out acceptances on Friday? or are they having the interview and acceptance process over like 2 segments or something?

thanks! i'm really not sure how it works if they possibly already filled their classes. maryland initially wanted me to come on either the 29th or 31 but I could not rearrange my flights - so they offered me the date on the 12. good luck to everyone!

My husband got into VCU so we turned down the offer from maryland. Maryland has three interview days and picks one person from each group. Now they have an extra spot. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! Good luck!

My husband got into VCU so we turned down the offer from maryland. Maryland has three interview days and picks one person from each group. Now they have an extra spot. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone interviewed at U of Kentucky or have any info about it?

Oklahoma and VCU filled their positions :(

I got into Loma Linda about a month ago, UCLA is closed

Has anyone interviewed at UPenn or Tufts? Please share your experience. Thank you!

How much you spend on travelling for interview?

I already spent around 1000dollars. :confused:

Does anybody know the information about UCSF? Closed or still open? thanks