Perio part II question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackandwhite

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could anyone please kindly help me answer this question regarding the healing of the perio flap surgery?

Q: Following flap surgery, new junctional epithelium can form on either cementum or dentin, junctional epithelium is reestablished as early as one week..

Are both statements correct? And if not, what would be the correct statement for either of them?

Thank you so much for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Could anyone please kindly help me answer this question regarding the healing of the perio flap surgery?

Q: Following flap surgery, new junctional epithelium can form on either cementum or dentin, junctional epithelium is reestablished as early as one week..

Are both statements correct? And if not, what would be the correct statement for either of them?

Thank you so much for your input!

After a flap surgery thenew attachment which occurs via the junctional epithelium occurs on the cementum ,and is held by the gingival fibres of the priodontal ligament ,and not on dentine.
It starts by the end of week1 and is completed in 3 weeks
So statement 1 is wrong,statement 2 is correct

After a flap surgery thenew attachment which occurs via the junctional epithelium occurs on the cementum ,and is held by the gingival fibres of the priodontal ligament ,and not on dentine.
It starts by the end of week1 and is completed in 3 weeks
So statement 1 is wrong,statement 2 is correct
redroulette, Thank you! However, I checked with the some friends and they verified that these two statements are correct according to the 2006 release exam. Maybe it's just different opinion from different people?

redroulette, Thank you! However, I checked with the some friends and they verified that these two statements are correct according to the 2006 release exam. Maybe it's just different opinion from different people?

The periodontal ligament fibres can attach only to cementum,these are collagen fibres ,After periodontal surgery,the new attachment apparatus which is actually junctional epithelium,attaches to the cementum ,and can never attach to dentin and enamel .Its is a commonest question what you asked,refer Textbook of Periodontics by carranza ,the chapter on new attachment and reattachment,Healing after flap surgery.

Last edited: