Perquisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bumpntrunk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may have already been askEd but Do the perquisites need to be completed when application submitted or can you take the rest this year getting like a conditional acceptance upon completing th courses. Like Howard now requires two. Biochem which I don't have so I would need to take them this year.

Members don't see this ad.

yes you can apply now and then the prereqs later. as long as you take them before you matriculate, you should be fine. just remember to put the course under "planned courses" on aadsas so the schools know

Thats what I was thinking but in other chat, they made it sound like your application would be declined if it was done first.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats what I was thinking but in other chat, they made it sound like your application would be declined if it was done first.

You probably needn't worry, mc123 has the right of it.

I suppose it could depend on the number of prerequisites you have yet to complete. How many do you need to take at this point?

I have basically all but Biochem and Microbio

I have basically all but Biochem and Microbio

Ehh you're fine! Those are fringe pre-reqs.

Do keep in mind that the schools that REQUIRE either of those courses may have particular requirements regarding them, such as number of credits, with or without lab, taken at a 4-year University, etc.