Persistence of Minecraft WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trilt

puppy snuggler extraordinaire
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
b5bTGoP.png

Let my enemies devour each other.
4:08, the watch blinked.

The young man seemed more upset than he should have been over a simple death. A glance at the screen showed that he hadn't even had full armor, or anything particularly valuable on hand... but still, you could see the anger in his eyes as he glowered at the time on his bright watch. The backlight slowly faded away, and after a moment in the dark, he abruptly smashed both hands down on the glass computer desk.

A splintering crack ricocheted dangerously from side to side across the desk, risking the safety of the keyboard and monitors perched atop. Somewhat surprisingly - but thankfully! - the glass surface stayed intact and weight-bearing.

The man sighed and resumed the game.

It is now Day 1. We will begin on a long day cycle - lynch will close at 9PM EST tomorrow (7/28).

- - - - ----------------------
BsesyVf.gif
---------------------- - - - -
RULES:
  1. If your role description or chat title does not say otherwise, you are a villager.
  2. You must post - with content - at least twice per cycle. If you have one busy day or something, that's fine, but if it is a habit you'll either be subbed out or simply mod killed. I care much more about you posting and thinking than performing night actions.
  3. You may open a PM with the person below you on the roster. However, these will not be permanent - if the roster is rearranged and you are no longer next to someone you are speaking with, the conversation will be cut off. Please include FB and myself in all PMs. We will try to notify you when a PM should be quieted, as I know keeping track of the roster can be a PITA.
  4. It's dumb to post twice to fix a typo - don't do that - but do please try and be reasonable with your editing. My only hard and fast rule is that you should not futz with lynch votes after they're posted.
  5. No quoting mod PMs. You may paraphrase, but do not directly copy and paste.
  6. If there is a really overwhelming majority and almost everyone seems to have voted/defended, lynch may close early... but generally night/lynch deadlines will be 7AM/9PM EST. No plurality rules. We can move this forward or back if there is demand, and I promise to try my best to keep people up to speed if I will be early/late.
  7. Trilt peeve: pretty please don't make strategic posts after evening lynch is closed, but before the write-up is done. Treat it like a morning.
Lastly, welcome @Filly Bay as my co-mod. She's going to have to put up with me for this, so be nice to her. ;)

- - - - ----------------------
BsesyVf.gif
---------------------- - - - -
OVERWORLD
1. @allyphoe
2. @Zensing
3. @dyachei
4. The @LetItSnow
5. @SummerTheLynx
6. @Jilary
7. @heyyimhayley
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
9. @kcoughli
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @guisantes
12. @morninqlory
13. @DVMDream
14. @nyanko
15. @genny
16. @Kam325
17. @WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. @Crayola227
20. @hazelmoo
21. @LadyOtheFarm
22. @finnickthedog
23. @Promethean
24. @Devastating
25. @StartingoverVet

NPC: @Ceke2002

THE NETHER
Nobody yet

THE END
Nobody yet

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch Abney! :rofl:

Seriousness to come... Gotta go start a PM!

Lynch WZ ;)

(just kidding, Unlynch WZ, I 100% vouch that I'm not that much of a dick.)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UNofficial Day 1 suck up to the mods Lynch tally
WZ (1) - LIS
Promo (1) - DVMD
Abney-who-isn't-playing (2) - WZ, LotF

Waffles: 1 (Kam, in the same post)
2-4/25 voting

(I may be downloading Minecraft as I sit here)

Noooo, don't download Minecraft! There is just no good stopping place in Minecraft, and you will next look up hours later.

Alternatively, you'll be game-impaired like me, and have to keep calling a kid over for help. I swear for the first week, I kept yelling, "I'm in a hole, and it's dark, and now there's water, and I'm not sure which direction is up anymore, can you get me out?" And then when I got up my nerve to play with monsters turned on, I had no idea what the monster possibilities were, and spent several days running away from what turned out to be a brown sheep.

Reactions: 6 users
Noooo, don't download Minecraft! There is just no good stopping place in Minecraft, and you will next look up hours later.

Alternatively, you'll be game-impaired like me, and have to keep calling a kid over for help. I swear for the first week, I kept yelling, "I'm in a hole, and it's dark, and now there's water, and I'm not sure which direction is up anymore, can you get me out?" And then when I got up my nerve to play with monsters turned on, I had no idea what the monster possibilities were, and spent several days running away from what turned out to be a brown sheep.
I actually laughed out loud

Reactions: 1 users
P.S. Pretty please read rules. Especially the one about quoting mod PMs, because that's abnormal from recent games.

P.P.S. Several items (yes, there are items :eek:) may be used as soon as you receive them. Just ask.

Reactions: 2 users

I spent two hours pulling a squid into an aquarium I built a couple weeks ago.

Two. Hours.

His name is Fred. There's a second one who got away named Franklin who just wanders the nearby rivers... that is what that game does to you.

Last edited:
The mobile game is lame anyway. PC or bust!
But I only have phone or tablet for a few more months. :arghh:

My laptop did that thing where it only runs when plugged in and even then very, very slowly. I am trying to decide what to replace it with... but that's another thread.

Reactions: 1 user
You can play it on a phone?!?

Yes! And a phone with enough room for it almost certainly has good enough specs to play it with minimal issues. This is (probably fortunately for me) not true of computers. Phone / tablet Minecraft is not as full-featured as computer Minecraft, but you've got lava and deserted villages and beets, so all the important stuff is there.

Yes! And a phone with enough room for it almost certainly has good enough specs to play it with minimal issues. This is (probably fortunately for me) not true of computers. Phone / tablet Minecraft is not as full-featured as computer Minecraft, but you've got lava and deserted villages and beets, so all the important stuff is there.
I haven't played in a long time. There are beets now??

Why isn't @Animal Midwife playing? That was the n00b that screwed up the last game, right? She totally owned it and took it in stride instead of getting all mad about being called out for an understandable new player mistake like some people have. Has a good WW future. Should be playing.

Reactions: 7 users
Why isn't @Animal Midwife playing? That was the n00b that screwed up the last game, right? She totally owned it and took it in stride instead of getting all mad about being called out for an understandable new player mistake like some people have. Has a good WW future. Should be playing.
Yeah she talked about signing up in the sign up thread but then never actually did

Trilt, the title was confusing me because I couldn't figure out the why, but Dali...:love:. This is gonna be an interesting game!

I definitely already had that link opened :D this is such a bad idea

I was always a big fan of the Survive & Thrive Tutorials by paulsoaresjr, but the wiki is probably faster than watching videos. Still though, if anyone is interested...

ETA: Replaced with the updated one

You can get eaten by zombies even if you're not playing??? If the answer is yes my poor little default block person is toast...

If you walk away with the game running, yes. If you exit out, no - but it's still going to be dark when you come back.

Attempt at WW-related content: On the intro post on the signup thread, Steve dies, and his watch reads 04:12. But on the game thread, after the death and before the desk-smash, the watch shows 04:08. So time is running backwards, or possibly unpredictably. Minecraft modded to run Dali's physics engine?

Reactions: 2 users