Personal Statement - do or die?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangeman25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm writing and editing my personal statement right now. Mine is decent but I have read some that have welled tears into my eyes! With that said, how important is the personal statement? Compared to MCAT, GPA, ECs, LORs, and and interview.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm writing and editing my personal statement right now. Mine is decent but I have read some that have welled tears into my eyes! With that said, how important is the personal statement? Compared to MCAT, GPA, ECs, LORs, and and interview.

My understanding is that the PS is generally less important than the factors listed above. I think LizzyM mentioned that it was very rare to come across a PS that stands out in a positive or in a negative way. Of course, it probably varies by school and even between individual adcom members, but I don't think it's anything you need to lose a lot of sleep over. Just do your best.

Reactions: 1 users
I was asked about my personal statement at every one of my interviews.. so I'd say it is quite important.

Reactions: 1 users