Personal Statement Prompt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

safthegiraffe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the exact prompt that is given for the personal statement? I'll be applying to schools next year, and want to start making a list of bullet points about what I can write.

Members don't see this ad.

See below for the personal statement prompt from VMCAS. If I were you I'd go create a VMCAS account and maybe an account for any schools you plan on applying to that don't use VMCAS and look over the application so you know what it looks like and what kind of information you'll need for when the time comes that you do apply. You don't have to submit it, but at least if you go take a look you'll know what you're getting yourself into. :) I made mine the year before I applied.

Discuss briefly the development of your interest in veterinary medicine. Discuss those unique activities that have contributed to your preparation for a professional program. Discuss your understanding of the veterinary medical profession, what you have to offer the profession to it and your career goals and objectives.

• You have 4500 characters (including spaces and carriage returns) to answer the prompt.
  • VMCAS recommends that applicants use a word processing program and then copy and paste the essay into the text box.
  • As the character count can vary depending on your Word Processing program, please refer to the character count provided on the application.