Personal Statement Submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mng0206

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where do we submit our personal statement? I am applying to UMSL, NOVA, SCO and ICO and it looks like ICO is the only one that asks for a personal statement.

I called OptomCAS and they told me that not all schools require a personal statement, is that correct?

Members don't see this ad.

No way I didn't know that, but I guess you could use your personal statement as part of the supplementary application then

No way I didn't know that, but I guess you could use your personal statement as part of the supplementary application then
This is a side note to my original post, but do you know when supplemental applications will be available? Will the schools send one out once they receive our applications or do we have to ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a side note to my original post, but do you know when supplemental applications will be available? Will the schools send one out once they receive our applications or do we have to ask?
I'm doing my application right now so take my words with caution. I believe you can find the supplemental in the dashboard under "programs." There you will find the a series of questions for each school

I'm doing my application right now so take my words with caution. I believe you can find the supplemental in the dashboard under "programs." There you will find the a series of questions for each school
I couldn't find it but let me know if you have better luck. Thanks :)

Hi, you'll find the supplemental questions if you go to Program Materials, select the school you want, and then click on the Questions tab. You'll find that tab right under the Deadline date. Hope that helps!

Do some schools not have the questions tab? So far only one of my schools has show to have that.

Do some schools not have the questions tab? So far only one of my schools has show to have that.
This is the same problem I have! So far only SCO and ICO have the questions tabs out of the four colleges I'm applying to. Did you see a questions tab for UMSL or Nova?

Last edited:
This is the same problem I have! So far only SCO and ICO have the questions tabs out of the four colleges I'm applying to. Did you see a questions tab for UMSL or Nova?

I am applying to different schools than you! But SCCO had the questions tab but Midwestern and Pacific did not!

I've found that some supplemental apps are sent from schools after you've submitted your OptomeCAS app. That's how NOVA does it, but I was able to submit my supplemental app for SCO (on their website) before I submit my OptomCAS app because I'm still waiting to hear back from them to find out why my personal statement won't save so that my program materials are complete. Sounds like there are a lot of glitches on the site

I've found that some supplemental apps are sent from schools after you've submitted your OptomeCAS app. That's how NOVA does it, but I was able to submit my supplemental app for SCO (on their website) before I submit my OptomCAS app because I'm still waiting to hear back from them to find out why my personal statement won't save so that my program materials are complete. Sounds like there are a lot of glitches on the site
I e-mailed SCO to tell them that OptomCAS hopes that the problem will be fixed by next week, but asked if there was anything else that can be done and if this would affect chances of admissions.