Personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acethedat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Can someone please tell me how many words the personal statement should be? I understand it has to be 4500 characters but how many words thats correlate to?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have:
Pages: 2 (really 1.33)
Words: 789
Characters (no spaces): 3,682
Characters (with spaces): 4,493
Paragraphs: 4
Lines: 59

I tried to use really short words to fit everything I wanted in there.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey you're on the right track. I misread AADSAS initially and thought it was 4500 words. I was happy to finish mine up after days of careful craftsmanship, only to discover that with 1100+ words and 7k+ characters, I had to do some major surgery on my personal statement.

Reactions: 1 users
Can you submit an individualized personal statement to different schools or can you on have one for your overall AADSAS application?

Can you submit an individualized personal statement to different schools or can you on have one for your overall AADSAS application?

You have one for your overall application.

Here's my two cents:

Write a PS without thinking about the limit and then reduce it. If you think about writing any essays with a limit, you limit yourself to the endless possibilities of the essay and what you can put there. Your essay is the best if you write down all your thoughts and then reorganize, edit, and make it condense. Remember that when you edit it, only keep pertinent information and remove useless words.

Reactions: 3 users