Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cormac

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any body have any insight or recommendations about consultants who review and critique personal statements?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't pay someone to look at my PS. Do you know someone in academic medicine well? Either from rotating at a hospital during 3rd or 4th year, or personally? Or even a Dean or some in a similar position at your medical school? They would help you out for free if you scheduled a meeting with them. I ended up asking my clerkship director from one of my 3rd year rotations who coincidentally was also a residency program director for his department. I think it was way more beneficial talking to someone who actually knew me well. Plus...it was free :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does any body have any insight or recommendations about consultants who review and critique personal statements?

If you are looking to pay someone to write 1 page document that is suppose to be "personal," there is something wrong. Write it yourself and have mentors, advisors, etc review it.