Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3rdgenerationMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I need guidance regarding Personal Statement.
Heres my scenario :
My goal is medicine but I have low GPA (3.24) so applying to Post Bac Pre-Med program. Health issues destroyed my GPA but is also the major reason I became motivated towards medicine. Is anyone willing to read and critique on my rough draft? I want honest advice about the content and also my writing skills that aren't great. The essay needs to be limited to 500-800 words only. I want specific advice on what to edit and cut out since I have one and half page long essay.
I really appreciate your help in this matter.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there, I can give it a read. Had a low GPA as well. Currently 1st year in a Special Masters Program and my advisor really liked my PS (if you want to consider that a credential).

It might take a couple days what with it being the holidays but I can probably get something back to you soon. Just shoot me a PM

Hey there, I can give it a read. Had a low GPA as well. Currently 1st year in a Special Masters Program and my advisor really liked my PS (if you want to consider that a credential).

It might take a couple days what with it being the holidays but I can probably get something back to you soon. Just shoot me a PM

Dear Katy, I would also appreciate if you could look at my personal statement as well. Pm will be sent.