About the ads

Personal Statement

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by calidrugy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. calidrugy

calidrugy New Member

Pre-Pharmacy

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I need help with personal statement, im not really sure what pharmacy schools are looking for?? any with ideas or previous experience?? please help!!! thanks
  2. pharmd4me@510

pharmd4me@510 druggist_2_be

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
  3. Chakshu

Chakshu Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Anyone who got into Albany willing to check my personal statement? I would really appreciate such generosity.
  4. marine123

marine123 Junior Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hello! I'm not sure if this information will be useful for you but I just found out that my junior college offers writing conferences and assists students with college application. They even have a pre-writing session where you bring in the question and they brainstorm with you. It's been very helpful to me. I must have gone there with at list 10 essay questions. And plus, I just want to make sure that I don't have any spelling errors on my essays before I submit them. I'm sure the even universities have a program similar to this. Hopefully this helps. Goodluck!
  5. smchurch

smchurch Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    I also had trouble with the personal statement. I wrote my own draft and then took it to my universities writing center and an enlgish grad student went through it and helped me make it sounds great! I was really impressed. You should def. try this ....just remember to make it original and personal so it stands out. I also got comments on it in my interviews. If you have anymore questions let me know. I dont mind at all I've been there :)
  6. kvl1027

kvl1027 Member

Pharmacist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Don't try any B.S. just be real. Don't pull all of this, "I just really want to help people" crap. It may be part of your motivation but it is the most generic answer you can give. Just talk about yourself, tell them why you want to be a Pharmacist. Do you want to do it because you like the science of it? Do you want to do it because it is interesting and demanding? Once you figure out why, you will have no problems. Good Luck! Try not to worry about it too much. You have plenty of time to get it finished.
  7. Utterdevotion

Utterdevotion Hopeful future pharmacist Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm also having trouble w/ my personal statement.

How do you answer the "how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals" if you haven't decided what you want to do w/ your pharmacy degree (I'm still deciding between community and research??)