Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mangos18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Like everyone applying this cycle, I'm just trying to organize and get things ready so I can apply asap come August first. I have a question for those people who are already in podiatry schools. I'm going on my personal statement and I've gotten many 'its well written' and 'its a generic personal statement' - I know I need to work on it a bit, however my question is should I include why I want to pursue podiatry as a profession in my personal statement? Or steer clear from that and talk about other things?

Any input would be great, thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would without a doubt include why podiatry.....interviewers will certainly ask you why podiatry, but I believe that the statement should also give an explanation of that or maybe why you came to the decision of podiatry over other health related professions. It is also an opportunity for you to differentiate yourself from all the other applicants, after all most applicants have very similar statistics (GPA & mcat scores). Hoped this helped, and goodluck!

You should definitely talk about podiatry in your statement.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you talk about nothing else at all, "Why I want to be a podiatrist" should be the one thing you mention.

That's basically the whole point of the statement; it's the only thing I talked about, and discussed my journey into the realization, and why I think I would make a good one.

Thank you! Helps a lot actually. I wasn't too sure if I should or not, but now I'm def going to! :)