Personality type

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MNresident

This Kate is gorgeous!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering...I am very shy and quiet socially. I have looked into becoming a SLP. Even though, I am shy and quiet I don't have trouble working with patients and their loved ones ( actually, i am quiet good at small talks). I have worked customer service most of my life. Also, I am a rad tech so I know some aspects of what SLP's do and have a medical background...

I am hoping to get some input on a shy guy pursing SLP. an oxymoron.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering...I am very shy and quiet socially. I have looked into becoming a SLP. Even though, I am shy and quiet I don't have trouble working with patients and their loved ones ( actually, i am quiet good at small talks). I have worked customer service most of my life. Also, I am a rad tech so I know some aspects of what SLP's do and have a medical background...

I am hoping to get some input on a shy guy pursing SLP. an oxymoron.

Why is that an oxymoron? :confused: You yourself say you're good at working with people. Being loud and obnoxious doesn't necessarily make one a better people person.