Peter Pan WW Sign-ups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-20_18-15-28.png
    upload_2016-6-20_18-15-28.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've gone down the deep, dark rabbit whole of Tenant Doctor gifs... I'll see myself out :p

Reactions: 1 users
But I do want to say I am way too excited that for once it's me getting you Kam and not the other way around. I'm pretty sure every game I've played with you as a wolf you've figured me out before anyone else was anything more than mildly suspicious :p

And since the modgod insists....

lol_david_tennant.gif

(closest thing I could find to an evil laugh from Tenant :p )

Reactions: 3 users
But I do want to say I am way too excited that for once it's me getting you Kam and not the other way around. I'm pretty sure every game I've played with you as a wolf you've figured me out before anyone else was anything more than mildly suspicious :p

And since the modgod insists....

lol_david_tennant.gif

(closest thing I could find to an evil laugh from Tenant :p )
someone hasn't watched Jessica Jones!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

someone hasn't watched Jessica Jones!

OMG HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT KILGRAVE

I googled "doctor who evil laugh" and that was the closest thing that came up haha

Also, I'm sick. I'm not thinking clearly :p

Yeah... I don't think so. I got a lot of hate for kaydubs...
We know a wolf, unfortunately as I stated, any attempts to kill her may kill me instead. Likewise any attempts to kill me may kill her instead.

Not sure how to play this. I'm willing for you to attempt to kill me. Worst case it does kill me, but I asked for it. Best case is that it kills Kam, a wolf. And if Kam isn't kill able then it might not kill anyone. It's a gambit with only 8 people left, I admit, but go big or go home?

Reactions: 1 user
We know a wolf, unfortunately as I stated, any attempts to kill her may kill me instead. Likewise any attempts to kill me may kill her instead.

Not sure how to play this. I'm willing for you to attempt to kill me. Worst case it does kill me, but I asked for it. Best case is that it kills Kam, a wolf. And if Kam isn't kill able then it might not kill anyone. It's a gambit with only 8 people left, I admit, but go big or go home?

I like your thinking, but as I said before, I have no knowledge of who gets drowned until after its been done. It'd be a blind shot into the dark if I used it, and I don't want to kill another villager by mistake.

voldemort-kill-the-spare.jpg

I like your thinking, but as I said before, I have no knowledge of who gets drowned until after its been done. It'd be a blind shot into the dark if I used it, and I don't want to kill another villager by mistake.
I'm not sure I understand your power? You pick to drown someone and a random someone drowns?

There is also nothing saying multiple factions can't win together... my win condition can be met with any of the other faction tbh... and i don't think, mathematically speaking, I can even achieve my condition (game has to last a certain number of days, which i dont think it can at this point even if we get down to 3 people left...
Well, you could lynch me if you're looking to buy time. Plus no one died during that lynch. There's hope for you yet!

Hi guys. Surgery rotation is kicking my butt. Spent about an hour at home after a long day and got called in for another surgery. Now up trying to write surgical reports and figure out what appointments I'm seeing tomorrow before waking up in 5 hours to do morning treatments.

Suffice it to say, sorry I missed lynch. Will try to do better but I make no promises (though I'm not on call tomorrow and hopefully my patients today will go home... :xf:)

Write up to come! I can close now and I have to be out of the house stupidly early tomorrow, so. . . .

Night Closed, Game Results Pending

Maybe it has become too easy for wolves to win WW these days, and maybe my game was guilty of that. I'd like to think not. In all my RNG trials, the wolves (original or converted) never made it to end game. Not once. So, despite the inherit flaws of RNG-ing through a game trial, I'd like to think that the Affiliated Pirates kicked ass so thoroughly, not because I made it too easy for them, but because they were just that awesome.

@Trilt noticed my catastrophic roster fail that I was really, really hoping no one would figure out. I thought I'd randomized roles and names in excel, so that when I posted the roster in sign-up order it would be all jumbled and wonderful. Except I didn't. And when I realized it, it had already been posted and I couldn't mess with it, so the roster was in perfect faction order. Exhibit A:

Tootles - DVMD
Nibs - Dyachei
Slightly - BBC
Curly - HTML
Twin - Rojo
Twin - Kam

Bill Jukes - Trilt
Cookson - BSC
Alf Mason - KCough

James Hook - Guis
Cecco - 1dogg
Noodler - Katashark
Robt. Mullins - Vetmedhead
Gentleman Starkey - Jilary
Smee - Genny

Mrs. Darling - Caiter
Mr. Darling - Gwen
Wendy Darling - Kaydubs
Michael Darling - Aloha

Mermaid - Animal Midwife
Jane - RM
Tiger Lily - ImAVet
Tinker Bell - Hayley
Peter Pan - Sandstorm
Crocodile - morniqlory

If villagers had wizened up to it, the wolves would have been done for as soon as the first original was found. I'm pretty sure Trilt lost sleep over it.

The game had six factions:

Lost Boys, who needed to make the game last until Day 12 to win (6 original players)

Affiliated Pirates, who needed to be the largest faction remaining (3 original)

Unaffiliated Pirates, who needed to find each other and be the largest faction remaining (6 original)

London, who needed to be the largest faction remaining (4 original)

Mermaid, who needed to drown 3 players from 3 different factions (1 original)

Solo roles, who had individual win conditions (5 original players)

The game was designed so that more than one faction or player could potentially win. It was also possible that no one would win - if no win conditions were met, the game would end with no winner.

So, what happened last night? @Caiter92 was killed. The exact circumstances went something like this:

Her head was chopped off and a wolf head was attached to the stump of her neck, she was dressed up in a Sherlock Holes hat, pipe, and magnifying glass, and paraded around Neverland by the cheering wolves.

latest

This death wouldn't have been enough to win the game - there was still one lost boy in play, and as long as @rojo was alive and/or affiliated with his original faction, the game had to continue. His win condition still hung in the balance.

(By the way, RNG made it to Day 14 every time. I thought my Day 12 win condition was being kind - but here we are.)

And so the game would have continued, but last night @kcoughli converted @thedrjojo to her faction.The last lost boy became an Affiliated Wolf.

The final roster:

Kata - Unaffiliated
Caiter - London/Unaffiliated

Kam - Lost Boy/Affiliated
BSC - Affiliated

Animal Midwife - Mermaid
Rojo - Lost Boy/Affiliated
Sandy - Solo/Affiliated
KCough - Affiliated

And the winners:

Affiliated Wolves have Won due to being the largest faction remaining!
Mermaid (go @Animal Midwife !) has Won for drowning 3 players from 3 factions and living (sort of living) to the end!

For you, my winners:

BLIMEY-WHAT-EARTH-Face.gif

11-overly-excited.gif

tzEtx.gif

giphy.gif

Accolades to:

@BrownSwissCows, whose logic in the wolf thread kept surprising me, and who I'll have to keep my eye on in the future :p
@Kam325, who identified Trilt as a wolf from the N1 kill, and who sent clever hidden messages asking to be converted (hidden because Kam and Rojo shared a pm thread, and she had to keep him from catching on)
@Gwenevre, who was the only one brave enough to drink the medicine
@kaydubs for being so damn entertaining
@Lupin21 for secret things I'm not allowed to talk about, and for helping me get around my 5-person pm limit
@rockatiel, @Devastating, and @WildZoo for being awesome co-mods

So, that's a wrap, folks! Thanks for playing my first game. :D

giphy.gif

Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Reactions: 9 users
Hey look! I was right about kcough too :laugh:

Thanks for the game PBC! :D

Also, kam asked to be converted?!

Told you guys not to trust seers. :p

I would just like to say that I'm not actually a little bitch about being seered (and I was apologizing and telling PBC I thought her game was perfecto on the wolf thread), I just wanted to sell it to get Sandy some cover from putting the nails in my coffin. Plus it's not in my nature to go down without at least an attempt at a fight, even if I don't have a chance. :)

I think @heyyimhayley really should get all the credit for the wolf win, though - having an enabler/killer let us slaughter twice as fast, and getting two conversions instead of one N6 was pretty glorious. I also have no idea how none of the originals ever managed to get caught in cross fire from the various kill abilities in the game... we had some fantastic luck.

I figured out the roster thing fairly early and was super paranoid about anyone else figuring it out. If I'd ever heard you breathe the word "spreadsheet," I suggested you as a kill, because it was so so very obvious when laid out by starting roster... so apologies for some of those earlier kills of really engaged, fun players.
@PrincessButterCup - this game was so much fun to puzzle out and fantastically lighthearted, thank you oodles for putting it together. :biglove:

Hey look! I was right about kcough too :laugh:

Thanks for the game PBC! :D

Also, kam asked to be converted?!
Kam was (correctly) convinced I was a wolf from a series of amusing events. The first being before the game even started - PBC asked for help making group PMs when she realized she had a max of five people in her PM threads. I unthinkingly responded and asked her to toss me a message to try something out on, not realizing that everyone else would have already gotten their solo PMs and that would be suspicious.

Then the N1 kill, which I actually didn't suggest, and even mildly argued against later in the night when I realized Dy had some irl stuff happening (but we all had to vote on a kill and everyone wasn't around to change).

And theeeenn I defended ImaVet, saying she was just being noob-y vs. wolf-y. I believed this, both because I knew she wasn't in my pack, and knew she was in the "solo roles" section of the roster so probably having to work it all out alone. Apparently me blaming someone's actions on noobness vs. malice is very very bizarre for me, and I got a rather amusing PM message (via Kam's ability) to pass along to her, lol.

...and then we converted her. :D It was pretty fabulous to have her around for the whole day cycle that I was alive, lol.

Kam was (correctly) convinced I was a wolf from a series of amusing events. The first being before the game even started - PBC asked for help making group PMs when she realized she had a max of five people in her PM threads. I unthinkingly responded and asked her to toss me a message to try something out on, not realizing that everyone else would have already gotten their solo PMs and that would be suspicious.

Then the N1 kill, which I actually didn't suggest, and even mildly argued against later in the night when I realized Dy had some irl stuff happening (but we all had to vote on a kill and everyone wasn't around to change).

And theeeenn I defended ImaVet, saying she was just being noob-y vs. wolf-y. I believed this, both because I knew she wasn't in my pack, and knew she was in the "solo roles" section of the roster so probably having to work it all out alone. Apparently me blaming someone's actions on noobness vs. malice is very very bizarre for me, and I got a rather amusing PM message (via Kam's ability) to pass along to her, lol.

...and then we converted her. :D It was pretty fabulous to have her around for the whole day cycle that I was alive, lol.

So basically lynch kam day 1 from now on because apparently she can't be trusted even as a villager anymore :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks so much for running the game and taking me on as a co-mod, PBC! I only regret that my activity level had to drop off so much last week--but this was my first time going behind the scenes, and I LOOOVED it. Totally enjoyed getting to see the workings of the wolf/affiliated thread, the unaffiliated thread, and those of solo players strategizing. It's at once super entertaining and anxiety-inducing to see a player/group go for an action or theory while already knowing what lies in store...plus since I have yet to play as wolf, it's given me much more insight into wolf strategy ;) I loved reading all your PMs! It killed me not being able to comment on strategy posts :p

Those weren't the only reasons either, you wolfy mother****er. :laugh:

Thanks for the game, mods, it was bushels of fun! :biglove:

Honestly surprised no one else drank the medicine. Medicine let me alter my role so that no one could hijack the double vote in the game.

So I won? Sweet.

Interesting game.
Still don't think faction game doesn't really work out in the standard ww paradigm.
Sorry I was a bit distracted irl and apparently missed Kam begging to be converted.

I LOVED this game! I thought was doomed to be wolf-killed after Trilt found out about my role. Thanks for lynching me twice everyone! I almost didn't make it.

So basically lynch kam day 1 from now on because apparently she can't be trusted even as a villager anymore :laugh:
We're playing a game from someone who used a night upgrade to self convert herself a couple games back... they're all horrible villagers. But oh so amusing, which is way more important. :laugh:

Yes. Always. She dies first. Then trilt. Then rojo.
tumblr_m3fbwmdVQM1qeyp1lo5_250.gif

:D

Thanks for the game, mods! This is probably one of the most fun ones I've played yet! :D

Just FYI - we didn't need Sandy to put the nail in Trilt's coffin. I already knew who all the unaffiliated pirates were, so when she claimed that, I had everything I needed to make sure she couldn't talk her way out of it. Other than Rojo, I didn't see anyone else changing their vote prior to that anyway.

P.S. In the unaffiliated pirate thread, even the dead could talk, so we got vmh's results.

I think I died because MQ voted for me and she was the crocodile...so I only needed that one vote to die

Kam didn't die yesterday because I had revised her role description ahead of time to give her a lynch avoidance. Yesterday's lynch went about as perfectly as it could have, and think all of the wolves were thankful for that.

Just FYI - we didn't need Sandy to put the nail in Trilt's coffin. I already knew who all the unaffiliated pirates were, so when she claimed that, I had everything I needed to make sure she couldn't talk her way out of it. Other than Rojo, I didn't see anyone else changing their vote prior to that anyway.

P.S. In the unaffiliated pirate thread, even the dead could talk, so we got vmh's results.
Youch. I was kind of perplexed where my role name came from suddenly, so that makes sense. Was it from the digging in my sock drawers like N3 (or was that something else)?

I know you didn't need Sandy. When you started digging me to claim unaffiliated pirate I assumed you had checked me and put 2+2 together with someone getting my role name, but then we seered Caiter and it made even more sense. We just wanted her to do that (as a wolf) to gain cred, but thought just jumping in after a bunch of silent lynch votes wouldn't be as convincing if I wasn't still putting up a fight. Plus it's fun to argue. :)

Last edited:
And what was with Kam & AM not dying? And why did Guis die instead of me during that lynch?

I didn't die because I had a three-day living grace period after being lynched. Someone only attempted to kill me once at night, and I still don't know who did that.

So I won? Sweet.

Interesting game.
Still don't think faction game doesn't really work out in the standard ww paradigm.
Sorry I was a bit distracted irl and apparently missed Kam begging to be converted.

You didn't miss it, I submitted a decoy message in our chat and a separate message in my private PM with the mods.
Had to throw you a bone at the end....family first, right?

Faction games aren't much my thing. Never have liked them.

But good going wolves, I guess.... probably a couple too many for appropriate balance, but it is what it is.

Definitely some ingesting mechanics this game. I'm just glad people actually died.

Reactions: 3 users