Pets!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

All4MyDaughter

SDN Mommystrator
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a new doggie today. That makes 2 dogs and three cats. I start pharmacy school in August. I think I'm crazy!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your pets, but you daughter is absolutely precious.

Your daughter IS adorable!
You are a little crazy but hey, it's a PUPPY! Don't you love puppies? I would sooo get one if my apartment complex let me! At my parents house we have 4 dogs, 2 parrots, a rabbit and a cat! Now that is out of control!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that an apartment complex will not take all of my pets, so now I'm looking for a house. I have 3 dogs, 5 cats, and one python. Good luck to me and to everyone else with pets! Leaving them behind is NOT an option for me. These are my babies. :love:

ndearwater said:
Your daughter IS adorable!
You are a little crazy but hey, it's a PUPPY! Don't you love puppies? I would sooo get one if my apartment complex let me! At my parents house we have 4 dogs, 2 parrots, a rabbit and a cat! Now that is out of control!

I do love puppies, but my new doggie is full-grown. He's from a rescue organization. I went and picked him up today and when I was leaving a pit bull attacked the tire of my truck. :eek:

The new dog (Comet) is doing fine. He is more reserved than my "old" dog Daisy. But they seem to be getting along OK. The cats are like, wtf - another DOG???

bananaface said:
We need pictures! :D

I can post some pictures tomorrow if I can figure out how to do it.
I need to take a picture of the new dog anyway.

Edit: I just tried to post a picture of the kitties but it was too large. I'll have to work on it.

I think it would be cool if other people posted pictures of their animals as well.

rrtbnq.jpg

Congratulation to your new family member, and the beginning of the pharmD program. Here's my Chewy and Koro. We all are unseparable and they have been patient with me. :D

Here is Toby. I have to later get pics of my other 2 cats . I guess I am WELLL on my way to being a cat lady:)

Attachments

• Toby.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 83
Here's Gabe, our destructo-cat. He was helping me file taxes a couple of years ago...
gabetaxes3qn.jpg

My current avatar is of our other cat Sam when he was a baby (he's a bit bigger now). My old avatar was of Lillian, one of the kittens that we fostered a couple of summers ago from ~10 days to 5 months.

And because I had to do it...

bigkitties27nt.jpg

This is a picture of our two kitties plus the two kittens we fostered. A little bit after this the kittens got a new home - in Friday Harbor, WA. They got to fly from San Antonio, TX to Seattle, WA, then take a ferry to the San Juan islands. They now live in a cabin next to the ocean. I have pictures of them sitting on the deck looking at bald eagles and orcas. I'm very jealous!

P.S. The two kittens were renamed Winnie and Tigger... thought it was funny because they loved my Eeyore doll.

Members don't see this ad :)
He could be my Oasis' brother! She is destructo-cat, too. :eek:
Moxxie said:
Here's Gabe, our destructo-cat. He was helping me file taxes a couple of years ago...
gabetaxes3qn.jpg

My current avatar is of our other cat Sam when he was a baby (he's a bit bigger now). My old avatar was of Lillian, one of the kittens that we fostered a couple of summers ago from ~10 days to 5 months.

All4MyDaughter said:
How are ya'll putting those pictures directly into the thread?

All4mydaughter, I got such a laugh out the thought of a dog chomping on your rear tire. LMAO. Thanks for the laugh. This is my favorite thread yet.

Here's my cutie Bailey. She's a mix of Beagle & German Shephard! She's curled up in a ball sleeping next to me on the couch with her nose on my leg as I post this. What a love :)

rse7lw.jpg
rsdlhh.jpg

Thanks for your help in how to post pics! Much appreciated!

All of these pictures are so so cute! I miss my little kitties, Daphne and Stinky, so much. I really want another cat/s (I love orange tabbies) or a small dog (Yorkie). Maybe when I get settled in Vegas..... :idea:

pharmforme said:
Alright guys, how did you get it to show up without a link (sorry, I tried a number of things but I couldn't get it to do that!) HELP! :confused:

What you need to do to post the image in the thread rather than posting a link is to have the image on the internet somehow (like you did for tiny pic), then click on the "Insert Image" (mountain picture icon) button at the top of the response screen, then just paste the images URL in the window that pops up. I love you guys pets and pretty colors. Here is another one of my sweet little babies. ;)

rsd1g3.jpg

I love your dogs tsubasa! How did Koro lose his eye? It doesn't seem to bother him.

Oh, and All4MyDaughter, I used imageshack for my pictures: www.imageshack.us

They have an option where they'll resize the picture from the original (I used the ones that said "messageboards") so that it is the right size.

Tsubasa your picture is hysterical. I feel like I'm watching WWF for dogs!

I figured out how to resize, aren't you all glad :)

Awww, I like Daisy's little red sweater. So cute!

Moxxie said:
I love your dogs tsubasa! How did Koro lose his eye? It doesn't seem to bother him.

We actually adopted him recently after he lost it, so we are not sure how he lost it. We had to have a Vet surgically close it by removing his eyelids and stitching it closed. When they performed this procedure, they found pieces of what was left of his eye inside, poor little guy. You are correct though, the fact that he only has one eye does not slow him down one bit, he has adapted wonderfully and I do not think he misses it. It gives him character.

I just wanted to say that everyone's animals are adorable! Thanks for posting the pictures!

my cat Mala. she sure knows how to pose for the camera.

rtzvyc.jpg

she likes to "show herself off"

rtzw60.jpg

All4MyDaughter said:
He/she looks so clean and silky.
My doggies are black. One nice thing is that they never look dirty.

I looked at a white German Shepherd mix yesterday at the rescue but thought it was too big. It wasn't as pure white as Bear.

I'm a sucker for German Shepherds. I'm definitely getting one after pharmacy school! I just love them!:love:

calrx said:
I'm a sucker for German Shepherds. I'm definitely getting one after pharmacy school! I just love them!:love:

Not the same one I was looking at, but another Shepherd mix peed on my sister TWICE at the rescue yesterday. Yup, it was an interesting day what with the bodily fluids flying and the pit bull trying to eat my tire. The rescue owner had to crawl under the truck and pull her out.

This rescue/dog sanctuary is CRAZY. You have to drive down this long, winding gravel road in the Indiana Knobs. Its been raining a lot here and the road was washed out on both sides. One side is against the hill and the other side is a steep drop-off down the ridge.

You get within sight of the trailer where the owner lives with her 40 rescued dogs and the first thing you see is a herd of dogs running toward your car. When you get out, you have to close the door fast or dogs jump in. When you leave (assuming you don't get a flat from Ruby, the PB) all the dogs chase your car back up to the road.

She has some dogs that will live there forever because they really aren't adoptable and other more adoptable dogs that she has pulled from kill shelters. Both of my dogs were picked up from the pound. They are both very sweet and well socialized. She house trains all her dogs (how, I don't know, considering the living conditions).

No cages, leashes, anything. Just 40 dogs running loose in the hills of Southern Indiana.

Shovingit said:
my cat Mala. she sure knows how to pose for the camera.

rtzvyc.jpg

she likes to "show herself off"

rtzw60.jpg

That cat looks exactly like mine... except mine is all grey.

All4MyDaughter said:
He/she looks so clean and silky.
My doggies are black. One nice thing is that they never look dirty.

I looked at a white German Shepherd mix yesterday at the rescue but thought it was too big. It wasn't as pure white as Bear.
He just got a bath. We have battle scars.

rvcd1g.jpg
[/IMG]

My cat Stinky being the "protective type" with my son.

view

This is Bell when she was a puppy. She and her siblings were found in an ant pile; they had ants all over them :( (Sorry, couldn't figure out how to post pic directly in thread....I'll figure it out.)

Smilescali said:
rvcd1g.jpg
[/IMG]

My cat Stinky being the "protective type" with my son.

This is hilarious. Does he sit on your son often? hahaha. What a funny kitty. He looks just like my kitty, Bert.

rvedrt.jpg
[/IMG]

This is Hamish.

rvegj8.jpg
[/IMG]

This is Pandora.

post deleted...pic too big

585262997_l.jpg

This is Max... he's Buster's (the doggy in my avatar) daddy! Whadda pimp!

ndearwater said:
585262997_l.jpg

This is Max... he's Buster's (the doggy in my avatar) daddy! Whadda pimp!

CUTE! I love this! I wish I could dress my dogs and cats!

bananaface said:
What kind of dogs are they?

I'm pretty sure that they're schnauzers - I've never met one that wasn't awesome. They can be cut-ups. :)

Gizmo and Smilescali - your cats (and dog) are great! I had a cat named gizmo when I was a kid - she had HUGE ears (and was thus named after the mogwai).

I love this thread! Keep the pics coming :love:

pharmforme said:
All4mydaughter, I got such a laugh out the thought of a dog chomping on your rear tire. LMAO. Thanks for the laugh. This is my favorite thread yet.

Here's my cutie Bailey. She's a mix of Beagle & German Shephard! She's curled up in a ball sleeping next to me on the couch with her nose on my leg as I post this. What a love :)

rse7lw.jpg
rsdlhh.jpg

Thanks for your help in how to post pics! Much appreciated!

That's a really nice looking dog !

bananaface said:
What kind of dogs are they?

Yeah, they're schnauzers.... and they are big cut-ups and big BABIES! Totally spoiled! We also have the momma, Hannah... so it's one big dog family!
That's Hannah with one of the babies before he went to his new home.
586036209_l.jpg

While technically not mine (and questionable as to whether he's a dog or human), here's my brother. He stays with me when Mom and Stepdad travel, which is a lot these days now they are retired. And yes, he's that freaking spoiled. Of course shortly after this picture I stopped rubbing his chest and he rolled up to nip my beard for ignoring him.

MaxandTom2.jpg

KUMoose said:
While technically not mine (and questionable as to whether he's a dog or human), here's my brother. He stays with me when Mom and Stepdad travel, which is a lot these days now they are retired. And yes, he's that freaking spoiled. Of course shortly after this picture I stopped rubbing his chest and he rolled up to nip my beard for ignoring him.

MaxandTom2.jpg

What a cute picture!