Pharm Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

antiaromatic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if I could get some insight as to my chances at some mid tier schools.

My gpa is wavering at 3.0 (PharmCAS probably 2.95 cause of freshman forgiveness). I have research experience and have been working in a pharmacy for almost a year now. I just took the PCAT a couple days ago and got a composite of 76 with a 46 in bio. I'm planning on retaking in September and improving my score. UNC is definitely my top choice but I realize its a longshot even if I improve my PCAT score drastically.
Besides that, VCU, Buffalo, UMD-Baltimore, Campbell, Shenandoah are options I am considering.

Any advice or thoughts as to my chances?

Thanks buddies

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I was just wondering if I could get some insight as to my chances at some mid tier schools.

My gpa is wavering at 3.0 (PharmCAS probably 2.95 cause of freshman forgiveness). I have research experience and have been working in a pharmacy for almost a year now. I just took the PCAT a couple days ago and got a composite of 76 with a 46 in bio. I'm planning on retaking in September and improving my score. UNC is definitely my top choice but I realize its a longshot even if I improve my PCAT score drastically.
Besides that, VCU, Buffalo, UMD-Baltimore, Campbell, Shenandoah are options I am considering.

Any advice or thoughts as to my chances?

Thanks buddies

Do you have a bachelor degree ?? Having one could improve your chance.

Based on only the things you have mentioned above, I think you only have. 50-50 shot or even less for the schools you listed there.

But do apply to those schools and have some lower tier schools as backups and you will have a fine chance getting somewhere. GL :)

Yes I will have a bachelors in chem!
Sorry I forgot that and thanks for that encouragement :D