Pharm D at 26 years with wife

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuf06150

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am done with my MS in Pharmaceutical science from University of Science, Philadelphia (I have 4 years bachelor of pharmacy). I am a permanent resident. I am married and my wife is student. I have option to finish my PhD (which is free and I can work as TA). But I actually want to work as a pharmacist rather than working in a lab. Lets assume I got admitted in a pharmacy school on February/March, 2016. (3/4 years) ( I know it's very difficult)

1) Will I be able to know for sure before August,2016 that I am getting loan from FAFSA and also financial help for my family ? I want to know because I am now working as TA and providing for my wife. I don't want to quit and find that FAFSA declined for my loan. ( I do not have any loan so far. However, my wife has like 40,000$)

2) If I do very good in PCAT, will it help me to get 100% tution waiver in any Pharm D school (3/4years) ? (My undergraduate B Pharm CGPA 3.45(WES), MS CGPA -3.71(USA), GRE-320)

Please guys help me because I really want to be a Pharmacist like I was before.

Members don't see this ad.

My advice is to contact the schools. Tell them your situation and they will best be able to help you. Contact the advisors or admissions office of some schools in your area? Maybe go and see them in person? Your stats and your education will be a great and positive help. Also not very difficult to get admitted if you have the true passion, extracurriculars, great letters of recommendation and great personal statement. I made sure everything else was high and I applied to 5 schools and have interviews for 4 already. Don't listen to the people that tell you it's hard, it's only hard if you believe it's hard but if you do it you will find out that it's not really that hard at all. Just BELIEVE my friend!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am done with my MS in Pharmaceutical science from University of Science, Philadelphia (I have 4 years bachelor of pharmacy). I am a permanent resident. I am married and my wife is student. I have option to finish my PhD (which is free and I can work as TA). But I actually want to work as a pharmacist rather than working in a lab. Lets assume I got admitted in a pharmacy school on February/March, 2016. (3/4 years) ( I know it's very difficult)

1) Will I be able to know for sure before August,2016 that I am getting loan from FAFSA and also financial help for my family ? I want to know because I am now working as TA and providing for my wife. I don't want to quit and find that FAFSA declined for my loan. ( I do not have any loan so far. However, my wife has like 40,000$)

2) If I do very good in PCAT, will it help me to get 100% tution waiver in any Pharm D school (3/4years) ? (My undergraduate B Pharm CGPA 3.45(WES), MS CGPA -3.71(USA), GRE-320)

Bellow,

I just came across your thread and I wanted to tell you that there are a lot of pharmacists out there working as RPh. They do NOT have a PharmD. I've known of pharmacists that also got their BS in Pharmacy and then took an extra year of classes or so to get their PharmD. I don't think you need to go all 4 years. Contact some schools first so you can know your options!

You don't need to do the 3-4 year program! You can do a 2 year weekend program, meaning you can still work and finish your degree!