pharmaceutical courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nnt80

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My ultimate goal is to finish PharmD, I am currently taking the prerquisites and going to start the volunteer work. I want to apply to pharmaceutical sciences first and then transfer to pharmd, can I take pharmd classes while I am in pharmaceutical sciences?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually they will still make you take those PharmD classes together with the rest of your class. I know I've taken a few additional courses that would transfer over but since they are a part of the professional part of the program I still need to retake them together with my class. Hope this helps!

Pharmacy is focused on transforming research in chemical laboratories into products that life sciences and human beings benefit from. This is the base of pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry, pharmacognosy and pharmacy practice. Some of the high achievements of pharmacy is owed to the development of new and revolutionary medicines or the discovery of treatments for diseases. Students in a Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy investigate and research herbal and chemical ingredients which can be used as part of a scientifically developed medicine. A Master’s degree in pharmacy (MPharm) includes fields such as community, clinical, veterinary, military or specialty pharmacy, as well as pharmacy informatics. Degrees in pharmacy studies are offered by medical schools and colleges worldwide, and faculties of pharmacy provide a mix of scientific and professional knowledge, from medical science experts. After graduations, students can work as pharmacists with specializations or researchers, according to their studies. A Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy can also lead to careers in Pharmaceutical Companies in Mumbai, pharmacology, science writing, toxicology, regulatory affairs or international institutions that represent the interests of health care professionals.