This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h0ku_212

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When hired as a Pharmacist, I was told that certain jobs give sign-on bonuses. I was wondering what the range is and whether any jobs give scholarships/loan repayment if you promise to work for them upon graduation?

Are there any jobs that give loan repayment for working for them for a long time?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've never heard anything beyond 20k. The sign on bonuses are to work in the hood or very rural area. No companies I know of do loan repayment except for some gov jobs.

Any federal job you can get in income based repayment and have the loans forgiven in 10 years.

When hired as a Pharmacist, I was told that certain jobs give sign-on bonuses. I was wondering what the range is and whether any jobs give scholarships/loan repayment if you promise to work for them upon graduation?

Are there any jobs that give loan repayment for working for them for a long time?

Thanks!

Forget about this...those days are long gone. You'd be lucky to get a full time position in a decent location these days.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got 10k sign on bonus and 2.5k/yr for student loan repayment for a hospital job in 2011.

There are some place in Ca and Texas with bonuses for retail position (Wag, Safeway), check indeed.com

I got 10k sign on bonus and 2.5k/yr for student loan repayment for a hospital job in 2011.

That was in 2011.

Any place that is offering sign-on bonuses nowadays is doing so for a reason, and the reason is that nobody wants to work there.

Reactions: 1 users
When Walgreens called me about my application, they mentioned that they had a bonus incentive for positions in northern CA (specifically Redding). Whether anyone would actually wanna live there is another matter all together.

I remember back in the day when you promise to work for the Navy or Air Force they covered your tuition for public schools or up to a certain amount for private. Not sure about now. I had a couple friends get placed in Germany and Korea. Never heard back from those guys.

I got a 5k relocation reimbursement and 5k towards my loans last year.

If you want to take a signing bonus from Walgreens (up to $20k) in exchange for a 2-3 year commitment, I would do some research into the hourly wage and whether you wouldn't mind living or working where signing bonuses are offered. $62-63 is not bad in low-COL areas but CVS might offer $67-68 with no signing bonus and you are free to escape without giving back a signing bonus when a better opportunity arises. You also have to consider the possibility of high script volume and lack of pharmacist staffing in "remote" areas with a decent-sized population (50,000-100,000) but relatively few pharmacies. There's the potential for working more than 40 hours because there is not much of a floater pool to speak of.