Pharmacist lifestyle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's quite hilarious to remember what I "thought" my lifestyle would be in college to what it is now. A BMW. Penthouse apartment in the city. Buying real champagne.

I live a comfortable life. My life is good. I could have anything I want. But I can't have everything.

I drive a Honda Civic. Live in a 1300 sqft 3/2 bungalow in a low cost of living area (but in a higher cost of living part of that metro). Still paying on my student loans but making extra payments. Have a nice amount in my 403b. I buy my clothes at Kohls. Or Target. What I do spend my money on is traveling. And I utilize credit card churning to allow me to travel a little bit better with my disposable income. And I've bought real champagne once. On my one year anniversary.

It's not the lifestyle of the rich and famous. And I map out with excel when bills are due. And how I'm saving for retirement or the next big vacation. But the bills are always paid. And I don't have to worry when to fill up for gas or when I need to go to the grocery store.

Hey buddy, you can get a BMW right now if you really want one and it won't cost you much if you are somewhat mechanically inclined. If you ever decide to go that route, I can hook you up with the old BMW diagnostic software (or you can get off bimmerpost, etc) which you can use to clear codes and diagnose sensor and electrical issues (though you shouldn't have many on inline 6 models from the past 10 years or so). But if you really want peace of mind, get a lexus GS or IS, I know they aren't quite to the BMW level in some ways, but in terms of interior materials and build quality Lexus >>>>>>BMW (I've owned several of each, and you just can't beat a Toyota product in terms of quality of components....styling and grunt power are areas that are lacking though...)

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, now you're speaking my language, you can totally find a W220 S class with either the AMG 55 or 63 package for reasonable (tho you gotta drive a sedan, but I personally like my W220 S class, still looks somewhat cool). I'm looking to get an S600 (of course you want mid 00's and above so you can make sure you get the twin turbo version and not the NA turd that was pre 03 with massive oil leak issues). I would also recommend an e90 335i with the N62 engine I believe, which has a better build quality than the M series engines, a buddy of mine just dyno'd his and is getting 862 RWHP and 900 plus torque on a stock bottom end. They aren't that pricey used either. (for a bimmer I'm stuck with a boring X5 since I have rugrats to haul around, has sport pkg but lets be honest it isn't sporty....X5 M tho now we'd be talking)

Hah, I'd settle for an E550 at this point. Awesome mix of power and comfort. But damn, I want that AMG axe-murderer craziness.

Reactions: 1 user
Hah, I'd settle for an E550 at this point. Awesome mix of power and comfort. But damn, I want that AMG axe-murderer craziness.
I should have known your car affinity with the clarkson avatar, LOL. Could always find an AMG appearance pkg, my uncle had an S550 with it and it looked great, and really not like he was gonna run it hard anyways so no real need for the AMG drivetrain for him. He got rid of it for a continental GT convertible tho.....

Members don't see this ad :)
2 questions about Pharmacist lifestyle

I've seen ER docs (avg pay $206k) with big houses and nice cars. Can Pharmacist have that lifestyle?

Do Pharmacist get women thrown at them? I never hear someone say I want to marry a Pharmacist.

women thrown at pharmacists??? I need to have my wife read this lol....seriously...

Lifestyle....well, consider this: throw 100 bucks into a mutual fund (avg. 8% on compounded interest in your favor over a span of 40 yrs). Max out your 401k at 15% til you retire....at an avg. income of 50k (forget doctor, pharmacist, jigalo working double overtime...just look at 50k). You would retire (not touching this money) about 4.75 million bucks...guarenteed.....

So, your question is one-sided because you need to mention a detail: You want the lifestyle now??? Have no kids, dont get married, saturate your credit limit and make minimal payments on loans...you will die alone, horrible credit, but man oh man you will have that lifestyle...under the idea that you DONT get fired and economy doesnt spiral down like in 2008-2009... lol, seriously though, invest and do a mutual fund and live 22% BENEATH YOUR MEANS and you will no doubt be free from uncle sam...that is being rich IMO

This all sounds like personal choices.

I do/eat/drink whatever I want.
This. I don't worry about money day to day like I did in undergrad. I have a nice income, contribute to a 401k, pay off my loans, and still take vacations, eat out, and get massages. I drive an old car but that's a personal choice because I'm hoping to move in a couple years to a place where a car isn't needed.

I guess it depends on someone's definition of "wealthy". My patients who make in a week what I make in a day probably think I'm rich. But it's not like I'm jet setting to Bora Bora every month.

Reactions: 1 user
This. I don't worry about money day to day like I did in undergrad. I have a nice income, contribute to a 401k, pay off my loans, and still take vacations, eat out, and get massages. I drive an old car but that's a personal choice because I'm hoping to move in a couple years to a place where a car isn't needed.

I guess it depends on someone's definition of "wealthy". My patients who make in a week what I make in a day probably think I'm rich. But it's not like I'm jet setting to Bora Bora every month.

my wife is from an island outside of Bora Bora lol (Rurutu). I keep telling her them inlaws of mine are just gonna have to wait lol.

I'm w' the other dude - earned income sorta sucks...high taxes, and requires you to be there

build wealth through investments; use whatever post-tax $$ you have to get it started!

you can get women...just read "the mystery method: the venusian arts handbook" - money is just *part* of what it takes to land beautiful women

in the mean time, I ride a 21 y'old dirt bike that I couldn't afford as a kid since my parents were po'....and that's a high lifestyle for me!

20151128%20B2V%20Rocky%20Gap%20Web-1059-XL_zpsdkxutwv3.jpg