Pharmacist Management Trainee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabpharmbad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in getting into management and was wondering what retail companies offer this career path? The retail companies I am talking about are Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Safeway etc

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in getting into management and was wondering what retail companies offer this career path? The retail companies I am talking about are Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Safeway etc
I am quite certain that all of these companies have managers. Would be quite odd, and probably chaotic, if they did not have those careers available. Pharmacy manager, district manager, regional manager, etc are all part of the usual hierarchy.

Here is what I observed when I was an intern. You just volunteer. Each retail chain store needs a PIC or pharmacy manager. All the staff RPhs told me never to become one, saying the little increase in pay just doesn't compensate for the extra hours and headache that comes with it. But I would say If you want the bigger rewards, you have to be willing to take bigger risks and even pay your dues sometime.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess what I was talking about was something like a management trainee program where they are training you specifically to be in a management position versus you starting as a pharmacist and climbing your way up.

I guess what I was talking about was something like a management trainee program where they are training you specifically to be in a management position versus you starting as a pharmacist and climbing your way up.
It's trial by fire as far as I've known. Although CVS does have an APPE that it has its interns do, and I believe it's focused on management, although I have no idea of any details.