Pharmacy Administration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrugPusher

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious as to what this degree actually is. Ive seen both MS and PhD degrees for it, but still do not completely understand what is it. Would a PhD in it be valuable, over say pharmD, for a career inside a pharmacuetical company if you want to work up through the managerial levels and ideally up to executive levels???

Members don't see this ad.

DrugPusher said:
I was just curious as to what this degree actually is. Ive seen both MS and PhD degrees for it, but still do not completely understand what is it. Would a PhD in it be valuable, over say pharmD, for a career inside a pharmacuetical company if you want to work up through the managerial levels and ideally up to executive levels???

Good question! This is something I have been wondering about myself, but never got around to researching. Will a pharmD get you anywhere in a pharmacuetical company (besides the research aspect of it all)? :confused:

Pharmacy administrator manages pharmacy, inpatient and/or outpatient.

PharmD/MBA or PHarmD/MHA will suffice. I'm in pharamcy administration with just PharmD. And many of the pharmacy administrators I work with just have PharmD. Business management really is common sense. You just have to want to do it.