Pharmacy Intern experience in NJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glhm93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a P2 living in NJ and I was wondering if I'm looking to get experience as a pharmacy intern and would like to get that experience in NJ would do I have to do in order to get that experience. I ask because legally pharmacy interns are not recognized as interns in the state of NJ. I've looked at craigslist and I kept getting results such as people wanted as techs or actual pharmacists. I've of course looked at the famous job sites such as indeed,glassdoor,etc and they always list intern sites in New York which are a far commute for me. :/ Any insight is appreciated especially from those who once found themselves in such a predicament.

Members don't see this ad.

There are no student interns in NJ. It's just techs or pharmacists, there's no "intern" in NJ unless you are a foreign graduate already graduated from nonaccreditted ACPE school. There are intern job titles in NJ for retail that pay higher than techs for students but no need to apply to BOP for license or anything, just register as a tech and code as intern for the company you work for.

If you find work as a tech very hard to find, then you'll start understanding how hard it is to find work as a pharmacist and the saturation is severe in some areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
An intern just finished at our pharmacy (jersey)
hospital? if so, did they have tech certification? The reason I ask is because I'm licensed as an intern in NY since I go to school there but would like to gain experience in NJ because it's closer to home. Thanks!

hospital? if so, did they have tech certification? The reason I ask is because I'm licensed as an intern in NY since I go to school there but would like to gain experience in NJ because it's closer to home. Thanks!
No, retail.

There are no student interns in NJ. It's just techs or pharmacists, there's no "intern" in NJ unless you are a foreign graduate already graduated from nonaccreditted ACPE school. There are intern job titles in NJ for retail that pay higher than techs for students but no need to apply to BOP for license or anything, just register as a tech and code as intern for the company you work for.

If you find work as a tech very hard to find, then you'll start understanding how hard it is to find work as a pharmacist and the saturation is severe in some areas.

Hi.i am a foreign pharmacy graduate with a FPGEC. Can u kindly guide me that how can I apply for an intern liscence? Or I can simply begin my internship hours at a pharmacy ??

An intern just finished at our pharmacy (jersey)

Hi, I am a feoreif pharmacy graduate with FPGEC, can u kindly guide me that how do I begin my hours, I just need to know the paperwork which I need to file with the board??