Pharmacy school accreditation probation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmones

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question regarding pharmacy schools that are placed on accreditation probation. The school that I am looking into is a private school and looks to be an all around great school with national board passing rates in the 99-100% every year. I asked and they said they failed to meet faculty requirements and something about a "clear and concise mission statement".

So they will be reavaluated next year and if they don't fix the issues will be on continuing probation and if the following year (2016) the issues are still not corrected the school will be revoked accreditation. Obviously the school has a wonderful academic program as the passing rates have never fallen below 98%, but my question is if for some reason the school does lose it will I be able to transfer my credits to another school since this school is a private school? What options would I have if they DID lose it? Just curious to know what usually happens to students when something like this happens.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question regarding pharmacy schools that are placed on accreditation probation. The school that I am looking into is a private school and looks to be an all around great school with national board passing rates in the 99-100% every year. I asked and they said they failed to meet faculty requirements and something about a "clear and concise mission statement".

So they will be reavaluated next year and if they don't fix the issues will be on continuing probation and if the following year (2016) the issues are still not corrected the school will be revoked accreditation. Obviously the school has a wonderful academic program as the passing rates have never fallen below 98%, but my question is if for some reason the school does lose it will I be able to transfer my credits to another school since this school is a private school? What options would I have if they DID lose it? Just curious to know what usually happens to students when something like this happens.

Thanks.

quick answer is that you might be able to transfer (with advanced standing ?? ) or if you cannot and the school is closed, your federal student loans incurred for those years at that school might be forgiven.

what school is it , if you don't mind sharing ??

check this thread out,

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...g-university-of-charleston-transfers.1087932/

and the case where a school in Hawaii did not get the accreditation and forced to close. Google it. (i suddenty forgot the name. Sorry :) )

Members don't see this ad :)
This would be on a case by case basis. Look at the link oldstock posted above.

However, are you basing your decision to apply to this school because the pass rate of the boards are high? It's a minimum competency exam, meaning you need to know the bare minimum to pass. I have never seen a school below 80%. Do you have a public in state option? I wouldn't attend a private institution.

Reactions: 1 user
quick answer is that you might be able to transfer (with advanced standing ?? ) or if you cannot and the school is closed, your federal student loans incurred for those years at that school might be forgiven.

what school is it , if you don't mind sharing ??

check this thread out,

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...g-university-of-charleston-transfers.1087932/

and the case where a school in Hawaii did not get the accreditation and forced to close. Google it. (i suddenty forgot the name. Sorry :) )

Ironically enough, the school I was referring to was UCSOP as you stated in the link.

Ironically enough, the school I was referring to was UCSOP as you stated in the link.

My GOD !! What a small world !!

What are you hearing at the school now ?? Hope you get to transfer to WVU. GL !!

What ever you do avoid this school at all costs!! Coming from someone who graduated from there. This school is falling apart. They do not have their finances in order, faculty is constantly jumping ship. They even had their secretaries teach some of the classes since faculty was so scarce!! This place was a waste of money and many students who were on rotation were constantly ridiculed for not knowing nearly as much as the WVU and Marshall student in the same graduating years. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

Reactions: 1 user
What ever you do avoid this school at all costs!! Coming from someone who graduated from there. This school is falling apart. They do not have their finances in order, faculty is constantly jumping ship. They even had their secretaries teach some of the classes since faculty was so scarce!! This place was a waste of money and many students who were on rotation were constantly ridiculed for not knowing nearly as much as the WVU and Marshall student in the same graduating years. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

seriously ??

seriously ??

Yes seriously!!! This school is screwing people over who paid good money for their education. The school turns around and gives the money to the University itself so they can go out and make stupid financial decisions that they otherwise couldn't make without the pharmacy school's money.