Pharmacy school as an undocumented student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepharmD103

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who is currently in the pharmacy school as an undocumented student?

Members don't see this ad.

How do you think you are going to get a license and find employment if you are illegal? I don't even think you could get into school to begin with but who knows.

If you are illegal, you probably can't get a student loan unless you are rich. Most people on student visa has family support, they don't need student loan. How are you going to pay 40k/yr tuition? You probably can't even enroll when you don't have basic documents with you. Also, problem with employment later even if you manage to pay your tuition. No big company is going to hire illegals.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't even think they even hire visa's anymore, at least interns

I'm sure CVS or Walgreed will hire you

I am allowed to work here, and I will be getting a green card before I get my license, not just right now. I will not leave anything specific because it's a personal thing, but these are all valid points.

I am allowed to work here, and I will be getting a green card before I get my license, not just right now. I will not leave anything specific because it's a personal thing, but these are all valid points.
If you are undocumented, you are not allowed to work here. Your process to a green card as an undocumented immigrant is possible, but long and tough. I know from personal experience from family members who migrated to the states. To make an assumption that you will have a green card before your INTERN license, not pharmacist license is a pretty risky assumption and one that could cost you 10s of thousands.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are undocumented, you are not allowed to work here. Your process to a green card as an undocumented immigrant is possible, but long and tough. I know from personal experience from family members who migrated to the states. To make an assumption that you will have a green card before your INTERN license, not pharmacist license is a pretty risky assumption and one that could cost you 10s of thousands.
I have the work authorization from DACA. When does the interning take in place, and do you need a license for that?

I have the work authorization from DACA. When does the interning take in place, and do you need a license for that?
The Supreme Court ruled against DACA. It is no longer in effect. You can't work legally in this country.

You typically need to get your intern license at the beginning of the first semester of pharmacy school, and you usually start your IPPE internships during your first year of pharmacy school. Usually there is some flexibility if there is a delay in getting your intern license processed, but most schools won't even let you matriculate if you cannot pass a preliminary background check or they cannot confirm your eligibility for an intern license prior to starting school. Many states require you have an SSN in order to apply for an intern license, or have an SSN affidavit in lieu of an SSN.

Reactions: 1 users
You typically need to get your intern license at the beginning of the first semester of pharmacy school, and you usually start your IPPE internships during your first year of pharmacy school. Usually there is some flexibility if there is a delay in getting your intern license processed, but most schools won't even let you matriculate if you cannot pass a preliminary background check or they cannot confirm your eligibility for an intern license prior to starting school. Many states require you have an SSN in order to apply for an intern license, or have an SSN affidavit in lieu of an SSN.
This was helpful. Thank you!

Let us know if you have any more questions, I love helping illegals take my job.