Pharmacy school chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I want to apply to the University of Michigan as my first choice school, and I am worried about my qualifications.
My cumulative GPA= 2.83 (minimum considered 2.8)
PCAT= will be taking in September
4 years retail pharmacy experience (2011-current)
very, very, very passionate and knowledgable about the field from working in a pharmacy so much
Also, I have volunteered in hospice
Good personal statement
Letter of recommendation from pharmacist and biology professor

I am planning on getting in the 90th percentile on my PCAT, so that it can possibly even out my low GPA. I know UofM is one of the the top schools, so that's why I am worried. Anybody who has applied to this school have any advice?

I think you will be okay. I tell people that you just have to find a way to differentiate yourself from other applicants and then you will be fine. Try to reach out to the school and network with the faculty and get to know the personnel there and connect with them and know what they are looking for and make sure they can put a face to your application. This was my approach when I was applying and it helped a lot especially in the interview.

I think you will be okay. I tell people that you just have to find a way to differentiate yourself from other applicants and then you will be fine. Try to reach out to the school and network with the faculty and get to know the personnel there and connect with them and know what they are looking for and make sure they can put a face to your application. This was my approach when I was applying and it helped a lot especially in the interview.

Thank you for your input! I tried to contact somebody in the admissions but the closest I could get was a senior student administrative assistant. I'm not sure how to actually talk to somebody in the admissions committee, would it be risky to email the dean of pharmacy?

The biggest secret is applying as early as possible. And if you really want to get in to pharmacy school for the next year i will advice you apply to more than just one school. Good luck to you