Pharmacy School & GI Bill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lboneal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My wife was accepted to two schools (Regis & Univ. of CO). Anybody on her us the GI Bill as payment or ever transfer benefits to spouse? Let me know how well it did/did not work. Thanks for the help as I am not the student but the supporter.

Members don't see this ad.

My wife was accepted to two schools (Regis & Univ. of CO). Anybody on her us the GI Bill as payment or ever transfer benefits to spouse? Let me know how well it did/did not work. Thanks for the help as I am not the student but the supporter.
No responses yet. Please repost to more appropriate forum (if one exist). Thanks!

If I were you, I would repost to the Pre-Pharm thread. That's where questions like this are generally answered.

However, being a veteran myself and a user of the GI Bill, you will likely get the answers you are looking for by contacting the VA. As eligibility for benefits and for transferring to spouses has been in flux the last 2 years, you should start there.

Once you figure out what you're eligible for and whether you can transfer to your spouse, the getting reimbursed part is pretty straight forward. You apply for eligibility, give this to the VA rep at the school, then VA cuts a check for disbursement directly to the school. If you are eligible for any additional such as housing allowance, book allowance, etc, VA would send these checks directly to you.

Any questions beyond that, go to the VA website. They are the only ones that can give you a definitive answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you, I would repost to the Pre-Pharm thread. That's where questions like this are generally answered.

However, being a veteran myself and a user of the GI Bill, you will likely get the answers you are looking for by contacting the VA. As eligibility for benefits and for transferring to spouses has been in flux the last 2 years, you should start there.

Once you figure out what you're eligible for and whether you can transfer to your spouse, the getting reimbursed part is pretty straight forward. You apply for eligibility, give this to the VA rep at the school, then VA cuts a check for disbursement directly to the school. If you are eligible for any additional such as housing allowance, book allowance, etc, VA would send these checks directly to you.

Any questions beyond that, go to the VA website. They are the only ones that can give you a definitive answer.
Thanks for the reply. I already have the VA form stating transferred benefit in my possession. It appears that the hard work is complete. Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the reply. I already have the VA form stating transferred benefit in my possession. It appears that the hard work is complete. Thanks for the response.

Good, once she is accepted then, she just needs to tell the school she will be using GI bill benefits and who to contact for it.

Also, people tend to forget this so I'll throw it out there: You have 36 months of eligibility through the Post 9-11 GI Bill. You should save as much of that eligibility as possible for the more expensive 4 professional years of the program, rather than use it all up on undergrad.

Good luck!

Good, once she is accepted then, she just needs to tell the school she will be using GI bill benefits and who to contact for it.

Also, people tend to forget this so I'll throw it out there: You have 36 months of eligibility through the Post 9-11 GI Bill. You should save as much of that eligibility as possible for the more expensive 4 professional years of the program, rather than use it all up on undergrad.

Good luck!
She has already been accepted and will be using ALL of my benefits. It looks like about 90% will be covered for the 1st three years. I will have to eat the last year. I consider her an investment. Thanks for the heads up. All assistance is appreciated!