Pharmacy School Interests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmstudent17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I have some pharmacy schools that I am highly interested in and I would like for some people who are currently at those schools to tell me the pros and cons that their insitution has.

GA-PCOM Suwanee, GA School of Pharmacy
Hampton University, Hampton, VA School of Pharmacy
Mercer University, Atlanta, GA School of Pharmacy
Wingate University, Wingate, NC School of Pharmacy
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA School of Pharmacy

Or if you have a school you think I be interested in please do not hesitate to post! :)

Thanks!:):hello::prof:

Members don't see this ad.

I am from VA, so I have looked into both Hampton and VCU. From what I can tell from talking to students and admins,VCU is a far superior school to Hampton. They are a highly respected school with many connections throughout the state to help you advance farther with the degree. Hampton seemed slightly less-professional and although they are much more expensive, you may be able to get scholarships depending on your stats. What are your criteria for selecting a school to apply/ attend?

Thanks for replying. My criteria for a school is a very small pharmacy school. No more than 110 seats for each class entering. I do like to have a school with a research hospital avaliable. Also, I am interested in dual enrollment, as well. I attend a small university in North Carolina so I would like to stay within a small enviornment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for replying. My criteria for a school is a very small pharmacy school. No more than 110 seats for each class entering. I do like to have a school with a research hospital avaliable. Also, I am interested in dual enrollment, as well. I attend a small university in North Carolina so I would like to stay within a small enviornment.

UC San Diego has a class of 60 students and excellent research/practice facilities.

same to me, I attend a small university in North Carolina so I would like to stay within a small enviornment. thanks
2.gif

I have looked at San Diego. But I do not know if I will be comfortable moving across country for school. However it is a possibility. Do you attend San Diego SOP?

You probably went to a small school for undergrad. Pharm school is a doctrate level program. Small classes might not work the same for both levels. if I were you and got accepted to a larger more prestigious school, I would take it over a small less well known schools.

Expand your horizons.:)

Thanks for your response. Personally, I do not see why a smaller school is not as prestigious as a larger school. I do attend a small university, however I am receiving lots of internships and items to help me pursue my future goals. Also, i prefer a smaller school because of the closeness amongst the students and I feel that the teachers are more hands on with the students. I do not want to feel that I am just a number to an institution. I rather be known as a student pursuing a career in health care and making sure I know all of the material. But thanks for the advice. Its greatly appreciated!

You probably went to a small school for undergrad. Pharm school is a doctrate level program. Small classes might not work the same for both levels. if I were you and got accepted to a larger more prestigious school, I would take it over a small less well known schools.

Expand your horizons.:)

Yeah except UCSD has one of the best pharmacy schools in the country.