Pharmacy School Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VanPharmLo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, all! I have a group interview next week and I was wondering if I can get your help. Is it frowned upon by the committee to become emotional during an interview? Sometimes when I talk about my personal life and family, I can get quite teary.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think as long as you remain professional during the interview it should be okay.. I don't really think they will ask personal questions for it to get to that point. Good Luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
It depends on the person interviewing you. Just stay professional, I think most people will understand if you feel the the need to express appropriate emotion, just make sure they don't think you are trying to play on their emotions and being disingenuous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, don't worry. As long as you're breathing and with 200k to waste, you'll get into a pharmacy school.

Reactions: 5 users
I almost teared up at my interview this weekend (albeit one-on-one). Try to hold it back and just avoid being a complete mess. I think it shows youre human and not a mindless drone. That can be very important for proper communication

Pls what kind of question do they ask because I'm going for interview soon .

Typically they like to know if you were a fruit what fruit would you be?

I am sorry, if you tear up for anything other than a "I personally dogged gunfire while dragging 10 of my closest friends to safety during a covert operation in Syria" 95% of people will think you are crazy

And the correct answer is 'pomegranate'. Anything else will trigger an automatic rejection.
another acceptable answer is "the last mango in Paris" - that would put you at the top of my list