Pharmacy school tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dimeadozenn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done well in school kept my gpa 3.5+ through out undergrad...but come pharm school I wanted to ask you guys...1.What tips do you have on how to study while in pharmacy school, methods? 2. And is getting a residency worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

My advice for studying in pharmacy school? Don't, by which I meant don't even go to pharmacy school.

And if you do, the same study habits should apply there. As for a residency, see what happens when the time comes.

I have done well in school kept my gpa 3.5+ through out undergrad...but come pharm school I wanted to ask you guys...1.What tips do you have on how to study while in pharmacy school, methods? 2. And is getting a residency worth it?

Was your undergraduate school considered challenging and what did you major in?

Members don't see this ad :)
it was, bio and chem double major.....and srsly stop with the bs get outta pharm posts idc......i asked a question here..

it was, bio and chem double major.....and srsly stop with the bs get outta pharm posts idc......i asked a question here..

For you, as long as your school was challenging you should be fine doing exactly what you were doing in undergraduate.

Everyone has different study techniques that work for them. One thing that worked for me (maintained GPA of 3.5+ all 3 didactic years) was to read each day's material once over, on the day you receive it. This will help keep it fresh in your mind. Come exam, I'd start studying about a week prior to the exam, and review all the covered PPT presentations once each day until exam day.

No need to get all feisty, they are just trying to help.

Being focused is the biggest thing in my opinion. Put in your time studying when you have to and you'll do alright. As well as not trying to spread yourself too thin by doing too many things/extracurriculars while in school if can't handle it.