pharmacy schools that don't require LOR from pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QHL

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all future-pharmacists,
I'm planning to apply to pharmschools for Fall 2010. I have a BS in Computer and working at a decent job. I haven't had any pharmacy experience or knowing someone that is pharmacists.

Would you all might let me know which schools don't require letters of recommendation from pharmacists?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Get a part time job in a pharmacy or start volunteering in a pharmacy. You can see the requirements of schools you are interested in by going to the pharmcas school pages or their website directly.

i know for a fact, UCSD and UCSF will both overlook the lack of LOR from pharmd
to the best of my knowledge, in CA, only UOP requires one
best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Southern Nevada does not require ANY recommendations letter and NONE will be accepted.

Cool, I got my BS in Information Technology. I actually didn't get a pharmacist to give me a recommendation, I got my boss at my non-pharmacy job to do it. I got the VP of our department. If you use someone from work, make it a very high level official. Oh, and I only applied to Xavier.

whoa that's a nifty table koercive! what does it mean for a letter to be "conditionally required"?

sccp doesn't (doesn't go through pharmcas).

Hello all future-pharmacists,
I'm planning to apply to pharmschools for Fall 2010. I have a BS in Computer and working at a decent job. I haven't had any pharmacy experience or knowing someone that is pharmacists.

Would you all might let me know which schools don't require letters of recommendation from pharmacists?
Thanks.
Get to know at least one RPh...it will help your application.