pharmacy tech licensure????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MIpharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I passed the PTCB exam, but I dont know if I have apply for a license through the state of Michigan or not. I've used the michigan.gov website, google, etc. to find the answer but I can't find it. I know some states require that techs get licensed after passing the test, but dont know if thats true for michigan. Does anyone know or know where I can find out?? Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

MIpharm said:
So I passed the PTCB exam, but I dont know if I have apply for a license through the state of Michigan or not. I've used the michigan.gov website, google, etc. to find the answer but I can't find it. I know some states require that techs get licensed after passing the test, but dont know if thats true for michigan. Does anyone know or know where I can find out?? Thanks everyone.

I'm not sure, but I think in every state you must be liscensed by the state board to work as a tech. If you can't find an answer on ther Michigan state board of pharmacy website, call them and ask. ;)

what does this mean? i thought after u take the ptcb u are a certified tech?...what is this licensure u guys are talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
what does this mean? i thought after u take the ptcb u are a certified tech?...what is this licensure u guys are talking about?

for pharmacy techs - its usually just registration....you have to apply to the state board of pharmacy you are interested in.....submit your documents (the PTCB certification), get fingerprinted (some states) & pay your money....thats the important part!

Then...you get registered in your state - voila! You are now a certified & registered pharmacy tech in your state! Check your state board of pharmacy to get the complete details...

hi..i am interested in working as a phrmacy technician in florida..what is the ptcb exam??and how can i avail that?well actually i am a pharmacy graduate unfortunately i am not covered of the 5 year curriculum and i gained my license here in philippines..i know that it would be a long process for me to practice pharmacy in other countries so i am planning to start with as a pharmacy technician if that could be possible..help please...thnx;)