pharmacy technician interview help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streetpharm1990

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone, so I applied for a pharmacy technician position and I was given a call back and met with one of the pharmacists yesterday and they want me to come in right away for an interview on monday. They seem very interested in me. I'm very excited but also nervous, how do I prepare for this interview? What should I expect?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you ever had a job interview before? If not, google general job interview questions & think about some of those. They mostly fall into distinct categories and you can usually figure out what they're trying to get at with the question. Think about what you ultimately want to convey to the interviewer & try to bolster that with your answers.

From what I understand, while there may be a few tech-specific questions, a lot of a tech interview is the same as other job interviews. Take with a grain of salt, because I haven't interviewed for a tech position myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just be yourself and be honest about your intentions and goals for yourself. They obviously see something in you so just focus on your strengths.

I had to be interviewed by 2 people (usually 3), one manger, pharmacy manger and store manager. Firstly, they asked some general questions which is more like conversational, then they asked you specific questions like situations or experience that you showed your ability. They could give a problem then ask you solve it or you tell your experience.

Thank you for your advice, and yes I've been on interviews before I work 30 hours a week while I'm enrolled in school. I have to admit I was nervous but I was interviewed by the pharmacist, then the pharmacy manager, then the store manager, just like someone stated. I was offered the position, right now I'm waiting for the drug screen results and the criminal background check.