Pharmd/MBA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckv34l

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am an undergrad psych major. I want to apply to pharmacy school, but I am also immensely interested in business. There are dual degree programs at UIC, (Pharmd/MBA), and a few other schools. This program enables one to complete both degrees in 5 years. I was just wondering what you all think about this pursuing this type of a degree, and what oppurtunities can arise out of doing this.I really appreciate everyones input.
Thanks.
Kevin

Members don't see this ad.

I think everything that has been said about the MD/MBA applies to all "science"/MBAs with maybe few exceptions.

Sorry we, MDs, have hijacked this forum. :) .

Kevin,

Don't do your MBA at UIC. I gradauted from UIC this year and was considering doing my MBA at UIC, but I think there are much much better programs in Chicago. I'm at University of Chicago (its absolutely wonderful). Check our NWU or U of C. Usually you can take some time off to do your MBA at another school during graduate school, as I have opted to and if you do the math correctly it won't take you more than 5 years also (I'm going to RUSH Medical School)

Hope this helps..

rgarg3