PharMnemonics Cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Davelee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems my post has confused others. So, I delete it.

Members don't see this ad.

I tried to study Pharm with the popular FA. But I had a hard time to memorize the drugs. The truth is I am not good at memorizing things. Then, I looked around and found the PharMnemonics cards online. Tell you what, I was very suspicious about the usefulness of the cards at the beginning because of my experience with another mnemonics book I also bought online (Nowadays, hardly to find one pharm mnemonics book in bookstores). Luckily, it turned out to work for me well. It really helped me memorize some drugs I have gone through (Wait, I have just read the ANS, CNS, and most of the CVS). For example, it helps me memorize the action of doBUTAmine by using a funny beta1 cartoon jumping up from the heart for BUTTERs. It uses a juicy mushroom and a dry tropical pine to tell the difference between Muscarine and Atropine. By drawing two pines closing a door quietly, two atypical neuroleptics clozapine and quietiapine are grouped together. These cartoons just stay in my head and easily jump out whenever the drugs are mentioned. It really helps especially when combined with FA. But, like other books, the cards also have typos. So far, I've found one already. Ha,ha----:smuggrin:
where did you find it? (ie web site, e-mule etc? )

Members don't see this ad :)