Philadelphia-area school applicants 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I emailed Philly U last week to check the status of my app and they got back to me today with some not so good news. Basically they said, "We have received over 600 apps since August and we have sent out acceptances to excellent candidates. You will receive an email in mid-February letting you know if you have made the wait list or not."

So basically the best I can get at Philly U is to be wait listed bc they have already sent out all their acceptances. Not what I wanted to hear!!

Members don't see this ad.

So I emailed Philly U last week to check the status of my app and they got back to me today with some not so good news. Basically they said, "We have received over 600 apps since August and we have sent out acceptances to excellent candidates. You will receive an email in mid-February letting you know if you have made the wait list or not."

So basically the best I can get at Philly U is to be wait listed bc they have already sent out all their acceptances. Not what I wanted to hear!!

acceptance via e-mail?

that sucks....really bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard any updates from Temple, Jefferson, Philadelphia U, or Salus U as to admissions decisions or when admissions decisions will begin to be sent out?

In the case of Salus, has anyone had an interview, have any info they can share on what it was like and how long after applying they were contacted?

Thanks! :)

Heard back from Jefferson about 3 days ago via email! (I got in.) I heard acceptances would start being sent out mid-January.

Reactions: 2 users
Heard back from Jefferson about 3 days ago via email! (I got in.) I heard acceptances would start being sent out mid-January.

Ah! Jealous! I'm still waiting to hear back from Jefferson. When did you apply?

Congratulations btw! You must be excited. :)

Thats awesome congrats!! Did you have an interview there?

Ah! Jealous! I'm still waiting to hear back from Jefferson. When did you apply?

Congratulations btw! You must be excited. :)

thank you, I am! I'm very intimidated by the potential debt, but very excited to have gotten in. I actually applied fairly late, I think at the very end of November and they didn't receive my GRE scores until the beginning of December. I emailed the admissions counselor asking whether or not I should bother applying since I know they're rolling admissions and he urged me to after sending him my CV! :)

thank you, I am! I'm very intimidated by the potential debt, but very excited to have gotten in. I actually applied fairly late, I think at the very end of November and they didn't receive my GRE scores until the beginning of December. I emailed the admissions counselor asking whether or not I should bother applying since I know they're rolling admissions and he urged me to after sending him my CV! :)

What were your stats if you dont mind me asking?

well, based on all this recent info, sounds like I'm out for my two remaining schools.

Just want to say congratulations and good luck to those of you accepted and thanks to everyone for your comradery and help through this process.

I received a voicemail that I was accepted to uSciences and will receive an acceptance package next week in the mail! Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
My TU portal for Temple was updated today to rejected. At least I finally got an answer.

I received a voicemail that I was accepted to uSciences and will receive an acceptance package next week in the mail! Anyone else?
I received the same voicemail as well!!

I just checked, I was denied from Temple as well. :( I completed my undergrad at Temple, so much for giving their own students the upper hand! I heard they like to diversify and it doesn't help you one bit if you went to TU, which is disappointing. Grrrrrr.

Anyone else still waiting on decisions?

Hey, what are your stats? Congrats!!

What were your stats if you dont mind me asking?
Sure!

3.92 overall GPA calculated by OTCAS, 3.8-3.9 pre-req GPA
psychology major
a little under 200 hours in 5 different settings
1 semester TA position for psych class
1 semester research assistant position doing health research (will have completed for 1 year by the time I graduate)
a few clubs and 1 notable leadership position
decent amount of volunteer work (i'm apart of a community service fraternity)
study abroad

Hi all. I have been stalking this thread for a little while and I wanted to let you all know that I got into temple today! (At least according to tuportal)

Here are my stats for the curious:

Overall GPA: 3.43
GRE : V 156 Q 155 W 4
Ob hours: around 165 or so in three areas, also lots of volunteer experiences in TR
Acceptances: Temple, Alvernia
Rejections: Pitt
Waiting: Jefferson, Towson, Philly U, Shenandoah

Good luck to all of you!

I'm still "complete and ready for review" at Temple. I don't think they know what to do with me...I transferred from Temple undergrad (f0r personal reasons) and will be finishing my degree at Drexel Univ. in June. I don't have a good feeling though....

Still waiting on Jefferson and Salus

Hey, what are your stats? Congrats!!
Hey Sb106!

University: school in Philly
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.2 (depending on pre-preqs; without physics its much higher!)
GRE: V150 Q147 W4.0

Extra-Curric: Work Fulltime in hospital. Several 5k’s for MS, Autism, Dash for Donors. Multiple charity/volunteer experiences: i.e. donating food. Listed officer positions from college clubs.

Volunteer: VA medical center PT,OT, ST; HealthSouth PT, OT, ST; Pediatric OT

Acceptances: Chatham, Usciences
Rejections: Temple, Pitt
Interviews: Shenandoah. Turned down NYIT interview.
Still waiting to hear from: Towson, Philly U, Thomas Jefferson, VCU, Kean, Stockton, Sage, Shenandoah

My stats are probably the average applicant stats. All of my applications were complete and verified by early November. Although I have average statistics, my experience at my current full-time job and my strong references have helped me.

Did anyone else just get the Thomas Jefferson info session email. Ahh, I thought it was an admissions decision and was so nervous to open it and then it said that....:uhno: Hahah. Has anyone else heard back recently? Hopefully this week is the week! Even though we've been saying that since November. Haha

Did anyone else just get the Thomas Jefferson info session email. Ahh, I thought it was an admissions decision and was so nervous to open it and then it said that....:uhno: Hahah. Has anyone else heard back recently? Hopefully this week is the week! Even though we've been saying that since November. Haha
I just got it too! What a tease! Haha.

Reactions: 1 user

I didn't get it...and I'm GLAD I didn't! That certainly would have given me heart attack!

559778"]Did anyone else just get the Thomas Jefferson info session email. Ahh, I thought it was an admissions decision and was so nervous to open it and then it said that....:uhno: Hahah. Has anyone else heard back recently? Hopefully this week is the week! Even though we've been saying that since November. Haha[/quote]

Just got it too, was coming here to check with you guys. hope it doesn't mean, " sorry, not this year.... come hear more info for next year..."

got it.

wasn't too surprised cuz read your post first. haha

559778"]Did anyone else just get the Thomas Jefferson info session email. Ahh, I thought it was an admissions decision and was so nervous to open it and then it said that....:uhno: Hahah. Has anyone else heard back recently? Hopefully this week is the week! Even though we've been saying that since November. Haha

Just got it too, was coming here to check with you guys. hope it doesn't mean, " sorry, not this year.... come hear more info for next year..."[/quote]

Well...now I'm nervous I was the only one that didn't get it! Checked spam too. Oh well. I'll try not to stress it.

I think that whoever hasnt heard back as of now (me included) will hear by the end of this week. the application deadline was Feb 1st so i think those who havent heard will hear for sure by then. Don had told me Feb 1st to be expectng something...i dont have a good feeling though. i already committed to Salus

Reactions: 2 users
I think that whoever hasnt heard back as of now (me included) will hear by the end of this week. the application deadline was Feb 1st so i think those who havent heard will hear for sure by then. Don had told me Feb 1st to be expectng something...i dont have a good feeling though. i already committed to Salus

why don't you have a good feeling for TJ? no one...(or not many that i know of?!)...got accepted yet.....

Did TJ send out acceptance letters already?

why don't you have a good feeling for TJ? no one...(or not many that i know of?!)...got accepted yet.....

Did TJ send out acceptance letters already?

it looks like there have been a couple people in this thread/other threads who have gotten accepted via email.

it looks like there have been a couple people in this thread/other threads who have gotten accepted via email.

Yeah, there was at least one acceptance that I know of, maybe two.

I am also not getting a good feeling about TJU. I knew it was a long shot (I'm not a STELLAR applicant and I am also out-of-state) so I am prepared for a rejection. But I really just want to know already and get it over with!

I wouldn't get too discouraged yet! I think there is plenty of time for decisions to still be coming out and even if we're wait listed, I think there's a good chance of getting in. The only thing that deters me about the program is the cost and that we take some undergrad classes. I think it's a little strange to be mixed with undergrad students while getting a master's(I've heard this is how it works? If not correct me), but I do love their curriculum otherwise! And the area it is in and the fieldwork opportunities. Plus the students seem to love it there!

Yeah, there was at least one acceptance that I know of, maybe two.

I am also not getting a good feeling about TJU. I knew it was a long shot (I'm not a STELLAR applicant and I am also out-of-state) so I am prepared for a rejection. But I really just want to know already and get it over with!

TJ's private. out-of-state wouldn't be a prob.....

Based on OTCAS, the chances of getting in in-state is 12% and the chances of getting in out of state is 7%. But that is only due to more applicants applying from out of state, and these numbers probably change every year. Like hotpebbles said, I don't think being out of state is in their consideration because they are private. :)

Based on OTCAS, the chances of getting in in-state is 12% and the chances of getting in out of state is 7%. But that is only due to more applicants applying from out of state, and these numbers probably change every year. Like hotpebbles said, I don't think being out of state is in their consideration because they are private. :)

Thanks for the encouragement! I was looking at those numbers too, which is why I assumed out of state gave me a disadvantage. I know that some some schools can lean more towards in-state than others, so I just try and keep that in mind. But you are right, they may not even care about in-state/out-of-state status. :)

For those of you who got the information session email today, I would not worry. I was accepted (will be declining the acceptance) via email on January 21 and I received the same generic invite. So I don't believe the information session invite has anything to do with whether you will be accepted, waitlisted, or declined.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who got the information session email today, I would not worry. I was accepted (will be declining the acceptance) via email on January 21 and I received the same generic invite. So I don't believe the information session invite has anything to do with whether you will be accepted, waitlisted, or declined.

Ohnemich, would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

Hi everyone... I got the call today from university of the sciences that I got in!

Reactions: 4 users
Do you know what school you are going to commit to?

I am not sure yet. I loved both Temple and Usciences when I visited. I didn't send in my deposit for Salus though.

Has anyone committed to Temple?

I am not sure yet. I loved both Temple and Usciences when I visited. I didn't send in my deposit for Salus though.

Has anyone committed to Temple?
Yes I have sent in my deposit to temple. But, I'm still waiting on two other programs before I actually decide. I will just lost my deposit of course but I really like temple.

Yes I have sent in my deposit to temple. But, I'm still waiting on two other programs before I actually decide. I will just lost my deposit of course but I really like temple.

Coolrunnins... I sent in my desposit to Temple as well. But I am still waiting to hear from Jefferson.

Coolrunnins... I sent in my desposit to Temple as well. But I am still waiting to hear from Jefferson.
I'm in the same boat! Waiting on tj! Good luck to you I'm sure we both will be in good shape either at temple or tj!

Hi guys!
I am new on here. I have also sent in a deposit to Temple. I am still waiting to hear from Jefferson but I think I will most likely Temple due to cost.

I didn't send a deposit into Temple yet. I'm still debating between Temple and Pitt. Temple's price definitely can't be beat but I'm a little weary about the area and I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be there. I have one more week to decide. It's funny because you think applying is stressful, then the waiting game seems the most stressful, and now making these decisions seems to trump applying and waiting. Haha. Next it'll be the stress of the actual program! Never ending.:wacky: