Philadelphia-area school applicants 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope... this is just my own silly hope, but both of my acceptances so far (and both of my fiancé's) have come on Wednesdays, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

it seems to me that some schools aren't abiding by their rolling admissions policies and are cherry picking. last year I was told by tju that they begin looking at applicationsin September and sending decisions in November. I don't know why else they would be waiting to distribute all decisions at once like this. Very frustrating waiting 6 months for a decision; I need to plan my life here.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone. I just got my acceptance email from Thomas Jefferson today! I am pretty excited about it but I will probably end up turning it down. It's just so darn expensive....I wish they offered some scholarship help but I get the impression I won't be getting anything. They give you a month to turn in your deposit so I will probably hold out to hear from Temple before making my final decision. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone. I just got my acceptance email from Thomas Jefferson today! I am pretty excited about it but I will probably end up turning it down. It's just so darn expensive....I wish they offered some scholarship help but I get the impression I won't be getting anything. They give you a month to turn in your deposit so I will probably hold out to hear from Temple before making my final decision. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! I'm still waiting, ugh. When did you apply? I am worried about the price too. Did the email say anything specific?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
I just got my acceptance email from Jefferson today!! I will most likely be accepting the offer, and taking out loans to pay for it lol
I'm SO excited!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations! I'm still waiting, ugh. When did you apply? I am worried about the price too. Did the email say anything specific?

I was OTCAS verified in September, and took the GRE's at the end of October.
The email said general things about a conditional acceptance (I have to finish A&P lol) and a $300 deposit

Congrats EquineAssistedTherapy!

NicMOT- I sent in my supplemental on January first, so relatively late I guess. The email didn't mention specifics, other than when the deposit was due. In terms of cost, they merely included the link to the financial aid website. It stinks because TJ is actually my dream school but I get in-state tuition at VCU, which is also a great school, and the price differential may be insurmountable for me. I'm at bit older, at almost 28, so I feel like I don't have tons of time to pay off debt before I want to settle. Luckily, I have a month to think it over. Best of luck to you!

Hi everyoneee,

I applied for the BS/MS OT program at Jefferson and also heard from Don the final decisions will be going out "around Feb. 1st." Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet?? I'm getting way to anxious, nervous, and annoyed.

Thank you to both of you for your comments back!

BLS614 - I completely understand where you are coming from. Both programs are great but in-state tuition is nice. I know TJU is your dream school though. I'm sure you'll decide what's most important to you (dream vs money, lol) and what program best fits what you are looking for. I am sure you will be happy either way! At least you have some time to decide. :)

Congrats again to you both!

Just got an acceptance email from Salus! So relieved not to have to reapply next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyoneee,

I applied for the BS/MS OT program at Jefferson and also heard from Don the final decisions will be going out "around Feb. 1st." Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet?? I'm getting way to anxious, nervous, and annoyed.

I applied for this program as well, and when I had my interview a week and a half ago he told us we would get decisions in about three weeks. So I'm thinking they might have pushed it back a bit from when he told you February 1st? I'm getting very anxious too!!

so, how was everyone's day?! did anyone hit refresh on the email as frequently as I?

did anyone get any news from tju or Philly u, good or bad? I'm still waiting.

haha sounds like my whole day!!

- Eeny: that is really weird you say that because around January 9th is when I emailed him asking when final decisions will be made and that's what he said, Feb. 1st.

This has been the longest process of my life .... I also had an interview but it was back in November.

So does TJ do interviews or not? Just for the BS/MS program, right? Just making sure!

And no, I didn't hear anything today but I did refresh my email 100 thousand times too! lol

-NicMOT: yeah only bs/ms. Well at least that is what they said at the information sessions I went to.

Hey do you mind telling me your stats and when you appplied? I'm wondering if I will hear the same news.
I started my app sept 25 but I don't think everything was received until the beginning of October. So basically after everyone that I've seen get in. But I'm not in that area at all and I feel like the Philly area receives a lot of applicants now that I've experienced it. But I already paid my deposit somewhere else.

I started my app sept 25 but I don't think everything was received until the beginning of October. So basically after everyone that I've seen get in. But I'm not in that area at all and I feel like the Philly area receives a lot of applicants now that I've experienced it. But I already paid my deposit somewhere else.
University: East Carolina University
Major: Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4-3.9 depending on program
GRE: V: 144, Q: 150, AW: 4.0

Personal trainer and Rehab Tech. Shadowed in retirement community, hospital inpatient, outpatient clinic

Acceptances: Murphy Deming/Mary Baldwin (yay!! 12/13)

Rejections: Duquesne (even though they declined me for 2014-2015 and I applied for jan 2015. If I cared enough, I would respond but I got into Murphy Deming so I don't care lol), UPitt

Wait listed: Usciences

Interviews: Murphy Deming/Mary Baldwin

Applied: U Pitt, Murphy Deming, Howard, Usciences, WSSU, Duquesne

Most likely will be attending Murphy Deming as I loved the program while visiting and made it my first choice.

Anyone else not hear from TJ yet? good or bad, i just want to know!

I haven't heard yet from TJ or Philly U, Although I've already decided not to attend Philly U.

I am also still waiting. Pretty absurd when advice from Don Sharples was the main reason I applied so early (OTCAS verified 7/31).

Last edited:
Still absolutely nothing! Applied in July going on six months with no clue.

I'm in the same boat as you guys, otcas verified August 1st. got even more discouraged because I thought I saw someone post about an acceptance (tj) and they applied after that. maybe they're going in alphabetical order? hope we all hear soon- good luck guys!

TJ - Same boat, early OTCAS.. starting to think they are lost in a pile and they are reviewing the ones that came in much more recent.. forgetting about ours

Just received an acceptance to Philadelphia U! I'm surprised since I was told they wouldn't review my file until I finished A&P I in December, and they are rolling admissions. Already decided a 3 year hybrid program isn't the best fit for me, but still grateful for the acceptance. :)

TJ - Same boat, early OTCAS.. starting to think they are lost in a pile and they are reviewing the ones that came in much more recent.. forgetting about ours
I have actually heard about that sort of thing happening in the past with them... Hmm. I don't want to annoy them by calling but maybe it would be worth it...

And congrats lcs!

So frusterating....
Just received an acceptance to Philadelphia U! I'm surprised since I was told they wouldn't review my file until I finished A&P I in December, and they are rolling admissions. Already decided a 3 year hybrid program isn't the best fit for me, but still grateful for the acceptance. :)

Congrats!! via email or regular mail?

Thanks! :) It was through email. Not sure if they will be sending something in the mail as well, it didn't mention.

congrats lcs! I'm happy for your acceptance, and I'm also happy that it's not the fit for you ;) frees up another spot, I would love to go to tj, but am a little intimidated by the schedule and Philly u's would work better for me- I have two young kids. I would jump at any acceptance though:)

I applied late December and haven't heard anything yet either, so I don't know whose they're reviewing at this point. :(

I don't know how you guys have been so patient for SO LONG. Surely they should have given you a decision by now. Ugh!

Congrats to everyone on acceptances! Has anyone heard from Jefferson today?

Well one thing to keep in mind for those applying from elsewhere in the country, the weather this winter has been awful around Philly, full of snow and ice storms, power outages, and school/business closings. This might be one reason for the hold up.

Just got my rejection from TJU too (email). Havent heard from PhilaU or Usciences still but the weekend program isnt for me and for USciences I would still have to take Physics as a pre-req sooo looks like Salus it is! I'm happy with it. Just glad the wait is over.

Just out of curiosity did you two both apply for the masters program ?!

I still have not heard anything. Now im just a nervous wreck.

[kmquote="OTgirllie, post: 14875333, member: 595087"]Just out of curiosity did you two both apply for the masters program ?!

I still have not heard anything. Now im just a nervous wreck.[/quote]

yes, I applied for the masters program