Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,

Good luck, I hope we are all future classmates!

c/o 2018!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish their website actually told us things. What is the composition of the class ( I.e 90% instate?) and statistical averages.

Good luck everybody

Even GA-PCOM accepts underdogs

Will be applying. I have been to their open house (its like 10mins from where my parents live) and it looks really nice from the inside (just looks like a warehouse from the outside). Nice Anatomy lab and the front office people are really nice. This will be one of my top choices for DO schools.

Will be applying here. Are they regionally or state biased?

From what I read from last years thread they accepted roughly half their class from southeastern states- not particularly GA biased but just SE in general it seems - good luck everyone!!!! :) I've read WONDERFUL things regarding their interview process - how great it was and how nice all the faculty/staff/ students were literally not one bad or even neutral comment was made

do you have to be from there or have strong ties?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know what the information sessions that they hold are like? They have one on June 24th? Are they helpful?

Does anyone know how the rotations are at GA-PCOM? Are they similar to the ones at PCOM?

I plan on going! I'm going to drive up from Florida! I wanna see the school!

Did you attend the information session or the campus tour? I would like to visit the campus but was not sure which event to attend or if both basically provided the same information.

Will be applying. I have been to their open house (its like 10mins from where my parents live) and it looks really nice from the inside (just looks like a warehouse from the outside). Nice Anatomy lab and the front office people are really nice. This will be one of my top choices for DO schools.

I wouldn't call it a campus - it's just one building. I think they bought a costco and turned it into a med school. So everything is under one roof.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when secondary applications go out?

Last year they went out later than most other schools but if you get them turned around and back to GA-PCOM they are really good about sending Interviews out quickly.

It took me about 12-14 hours to complete the secondary once I got it and I emailed it back. I was interviewing the first day in the second group.

I know waiting sucks but just stay the course and hop on them as soon as they come in. Also they really do read your entire packet- my interviewers knew my packet and asked certain points from my PS, secondary, and application.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ignore spelling and/grammar

hope to get a secondary from here soon..... this is one of my top 3 choices! GA resident- 3.65 cGPA 3.35 sGPA 24 MCAT (6v,8ps,10bs). With that said, do you guys think I have a shot with my tiny 24 mcat?

AAMCAS verified 7/9/13

Georgia resident with 3.65/3.66/25

Does anyone know when they send the sec app? I am dying to know. They did not even send me a notification for receiving my primary

Last edited:
Is anyone going to the information session tomorrow?

You could probably still go! Call first thing in morning I won't be able to make it! You can have my spot!

You could probably still go! Call first thing in morning I won't be able to make it! You can have my spot!

Couldn't find a last minute all day sitter. Blah! Guess I will have to wait for an ii!

I got the GA secondary but I deleted my GA primary like a week before I submitted. So I'm kinda confused.

I got the GA secondary but I deleted my GA primary like a week before I submitted. So I'm kinda confused.

Others who only did the pa primary are saying the sane. I think they sent both to everyone

Others who only did the pa primary are saying the sane. I think they sent both to everyone

I only got one, but then again I only applied to the GA campus. I know someone who applied to the PA campus and they only accepted him to GA because he was from GA (even though he wanted to go to the Phili campus only).

Secondary Received.

Question about the LOR tho, am I correct that they are looking for 3 professor letters PLUS an advisor letter? I don't have a pre-med advisor, should I just send another professor letter?

Secondary Received.

Question about the LOR tho, am I correct that they are looking for 3 professor letters PLUS an advisor letter? I don't have a pre-med advisor, should I just send another professor letter?

No its either advisor/committee or 3 LORs from teachers based on the email I received.

My advisor letter is very weak. More or less that she knew me, I was pre-med, and in good academic standing. That's it. So I went ahead and sent my two very strong science letters also.

Secondary submitted!:)

I submitted my secondary but did anyone get an email that is was received?

I submitted my secondary but did anyone get an email that is was received?

No I didn't hear anything, but I am waiting til the check clears before I worry bc you might be considered "Incomplete" until the payment is processed and since we had to send that to the Philly location it might take a few days

Will be applying here. Are they regionally or state biased?

I attended an information session at the school last week (end of July) and the speaker as well asst admission coordinator stated they will be increasing GA resident recruitment this year.