Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from February 3rd hear anything as of yet? I spoke with Tristan last week as well and he said they haven't made decisions on February 3rd, but I don't know if that has changed. Please post if you hear anything so the rest of know decisions are being sent.

Members don't see this ad.

Called earlier, they said they were still catching up on things..

Hey, if anyone wants to split $400 referral money and live in the "5375 Sugarloaf Pkwy. Apartments" complex 7 minutes from campus (a lot of GA-PCOM students live here), feel free to message me, and you can use my name (Brent Gardner) on your rental application & qualify for the rental referral money split. Happy to go 50/50! Thanks, and congrats to those who have been accepted! (& to those still waiting, don't lose hope).

www.5375sugarloaf.com/

5375 SUGARLOAF PARKWAY

Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Phone: 770-822-5900
Fax: 770-822-4440

OFFICE HOURS:

Mon-Fri: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sat: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sun: Closed

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of you all know if there are seats available? I have a flight tomorrow overseas for a month and my interview is Mar 7th but I dont want to fight for a waitlist position.

Do any of you all know if there are seats available? I have a flight tomorrow overseas for a month and my interview is Mar 7th but I dont want to fight for a waitlist position.

I thought you had already put a deposit down for other schools.

I just asked them if they mailed the letters for the 02/10 interviews yet and they said they just did. Hopefully we all hear by next week!

Reactions: 1 users
I just asked them if they mailed the letters for the 02/10 interviews yet and they said they just did. Hopefully we all hear by next week!
I called on Thursday afternoon and they said they were still catching up. I asked if they had reviewed files for 2/10 yet.

I got a letter in the mail today saying they would be delaying the decision on my admission and has placed it on hold. I am not sure what that means exactly so I think I will be calling on Monday to get some clarity. Anyone have any insight on what it means?

I got a letter in the mail today saying they would be delaying the decision on my admission and has placed it on hold. I am not sure what that means exactly so I think I will be calling on Monday to get some clarity. Anyone have any insight on what it means?
Are you still taking some courses?

No I graduated with my master's almost a year ago. I am just applying to schools and working currently.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the school provide scholarships offers or other grants with the acceptance information? And if accepted beyond March do I have to pay all the deposit ($1500)?

So far I've received masters acceptances from barry, usf, pcom, mississippi college. Does anyone know if PCOM-GA offers just interviews or automatic acceptances to their med school for their SMP students that perform well in their program.

Well I'm on hold now too.. Does anyone know how this works?? Like is this a wait list for the wait list type of thing?? Do people get accepted after being on hold and how often? Thanks in advance, any info is greatly appreciated!

Well I'm on hold now too.. Does anyone know how this works?? Like is this a wait list for the wait list type of thing?? Do people get accepted after being on hold and how often? Thanks in advance, any info is greatly appreciated!

So, from my understanding, a hold means that you will be presented again at subsequent adcom meetings for them to vote on a decision. Waitlist means that they've made a decision to put you on the waitlist and that your application will no longer be reviewed. So, hold is better than waitlist.

I interviewed on 2/10 and have received a hold as well. Hopefully, we will all hear soon with a decision.

So far I've received masters acceptances from barry, usf, pcom, mississippi college. Does anyone know if PCOM-GA offers just interviews or automatic acceptances to their med school for their SMP students that perform well in their program.

I believe that PCOM gives interviews to people who do well in their SMP program. I don't know many SMPs that are automatic admission. I think that Colorado State might have a program that gives automatic admission.

I'm on hold too. This wait might kill me.

Yeah do you think they did it to everyone who interviewed in Feb?

Yeah do you think they did it to everyone who interviewed in Feb?

I'm really kinda thinking so.. Just to tell us something since they're behind.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anyone that interviewed in February and heard something besides a hold???

I'm still waiting for my letter, but all these holds are making me nervous. Did they send letters to the current address or legal address y'all gave on your AACOMAS?

I'm still waiting for my letter, but all these holds are making me nervous. Did they send letters to the current address or legal address y'all gave on your AACOMAS?
Current!

I interviewed on 1/13 and I was also put on hold:( I haven't gotten any updates ever since then.

still waiting on my letter, but wondering if anyone got anything other than a hold? anyone happen to know when the adcom is meeting next?

still waiting on my letter, but wondering if anyone got anything other than a hold? anyone happen to know when the adcom is meeting next?
Today is the last interview session and they meet the following Wed.

Reactions: 1 users

Definitely not automatic acceptance. I know there are a couple people who have been trying to get into the DO program from the biomed program (took a couple tries for some) but I know in my class of 2016 we have several from that program (10 or so).

Does the school provide scholarships offers or other grants with the acceptance information? And if accepted beyond March do I have to pay all the deposit ($1500)?
Yes, they send scholarship offers with the acceptance offer.

Yes, they send scholarship offers with the acceptance offer.
When you say scholarship offer, did you mean the scholarship form we have to fill out on nucleus? Or did you mean you were rewarded a scholarship that was listed on your acceptance letter?

I think they do financial aid in April right?

When you say scholarship offer, did you mean the scholarship form we have to fill out on nucleus? Or did you mean you were rewarded a scholarship that was listed on your acceptance letter?
I mean a scholarship that was awarded with the acceptance letter.

I interviewed 2/10 and received my acceptance in the mail on March 4.

So if that's the case maybe they accepted/rejected the for sure applicants and those of us on hold are just on the fence! Hopefully between an acceptance and a wait list. It would suck to be put on hold then get rejected :(

So if that's the case maybe they accepted/rejected the for sure applicants and those of us on hold are just on the fence! Hopefully between an acceptance and a wait list. It would suck to be put on hold then get rejected :(
That's what I'm hoping :/

Hoping they just wanted to review our files again just because we were all so awesome, and they enjoyed reading them so much, before they send us our acceptances

Hoping they just wanted to review our files again just because we were all so awesome, and they enjoyed reading them so much, before they send us our acceptances
Hahahaha well the interviews are all over now right? So they'll probably compare all the holds then send the decisions soon...hopefully

According to the fb group, there are still a lot of open seats available. I'm sure most, if not all of you, will receive good news soon.

According to the fb group, there are still a lot of open seats available. I'm sure most, if not all of you, will receive good news soon.
I doubt the fb page has even half of the already accepted class. However, I think the hold list will start moving once deposits become due in April. If you are interested in the school maybe make it known with a LOI?

I just called admissions to check on my application and the lady told me that they are finished with interviews.

I doubt the fb page has even half of the already accepted class. However, I think the hold list will start moving once deposits become due in April. If you are interested in the school maybe make it known with a LOI?

I actually asked Trena about this last week and she said to defiantly do it if we want in and are on the waitlist but didn't say much about being on hold..

I actually asked Trena about this last week and she said to defiantly do it if we want in and are on the waitlist but didn't say much about being on hold..
I'm not sure you should be defiant, but it is definitely a good idea ;-)

So, the adcom is meeting today? Do y'all think they will be making decisions on all the people that have been put on hold?

So, the adcom is meeting today? Do y'all think they will be making decisions on all the people that have been put on hold?
I'm hoping yes since they're done all the interviews! Or maybe they'll just be discussing the people they just interviewed.

Can any current students outline some pros and cons of GA PCOM? I was just reading about Suwanee and it seems really nice. A small town with good access to larger city amenities. Is that accurate? How are the affiliated hospitals? What do you like most and least?

If you can help, thanks very much!