Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's the dream, man. Too bad no one wants to fund it.

I'd gladly expand medicaid funding if that meant the ACA didn't exist. But unfortunately presidents realize they do not make legacies by expanding almost half-century old legislation. Practicality be damned.

Members don't see this ad.

Received my acceptance letter yesterday! :clap: Definitely will be attending! Loved the school! :soexcited:If anyone has questions about the interview process, please feel free to message me. I am more than happy to help :)

Good Luck to everyone!
Stephie:D

Reactions: 2 users
Invite for next year in January. That is number 4 for the year. God is good!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Received my acceptance letter yesterday! :clap: Definitely will be attending! Loved the school! :soexcited:If anyone has questions about the interview process, please feel free to message me. I am more than happy to help :)

Good Luck to everyone!

Nice late Christmas present :) Congrats, and see you next year!

Good Luck to everyone!

Welcome! And congratulations :banana: See you in August!

Interview invite today!!! God is good, almost there...what a way to bring in the New Year. I really want PCOM, so hopefully this interview turns out well... To all still waiting to hear, don't lose confidence, don't lose faith... This process is draining, but what is meant for you, can't escape you. Any advice for the interview would be much appreciated.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview invite today!!! God is good, almost there...what a way to bring in the New Year. I really want PCOM, so hopefully this interview turns out well... To all still waiting to hear, don't lose confidence, don't lose faith... This process is draining, but what is meant for you, can't escape you. Any advice for the interview would be much appreciated.

CONGRATS! Seriously one of the best ways to bring in the new year! I'm so jealous! May I ask when you were complete?

CONGRATS! Seriously one of the best ways to bring in the new year! I'm so jealous! May I ask when you were complete?
Thank you so much... Please don't be jealous, we're all just a bunch of dream seekers...I'm praying we all get there in due time.. Don't ask me how but I was complete late.. I applied to PCOM December 3rd, and received a complete email Decemeber 17, the only thing I expected to hear back from them this soon was a rejection. I think what helped me was some unique aspects of my app( I have a masters in medical science, currently a clinical director for 2 major Caribbean schools) combined with my GA connection, I'm not a resident but did undergrad there at Emory. My undergrad gpa was very subpar... So PCOM is def not all about stats but I think more so about evidenced potential..good luck, I hope to not only get in but to see you there.

hey guys! Just seeing if anyone could help me out with seeing if my stats are similar to others who have received interview invites.
sGPA: 3.9
cGPA: 3.88
MCAT: 25

thanks!

hey guys! Just seeing if anyone could help me out with seeing if my stats are similar to others who have received interview invites.
sGPA: 3.9
cGPA: 3.88
MCAT: 25

thanks!

I was accepted with basically the same stats just a tad lower. So assuming you have good ECs and LORs, you definitely have a chance!

I have never received any sort of login credentials. How can I access my student account to pay the $1500 tuition deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! And I'm interviewing towards the beginning of February.
Awesome! good luck to you! Im interviewing next week, so feel free to PM me afterwards and I will be glad to let you know how I everything went

Does anyone have an idea of the percentage of those who interview that are accepted?

Does anyone have an idea of the percentage of those who interview that are accepted?

I might be totally wrong but I think it's about half (more than half if people choose not to attend) because I think they interview 300ish and our class size is around 140.

does anyone know if all interviewees receive a decision (accepted, waitlisted, rejected) a few weeks following the interview, or does the waiting game continue till the class is filled and final decisions are made?

Last edited:
does anyone know if all interviewees receive a decision (accepted, waitlisted, rejected) a few weeks following the interview, or does the waiting game continue till the class is filled and final decisions are made?

It can take anywhere from a few days to a few months.

I heard back three days after my interview. A buddy of mine had to wait three months.

It took around 3 weeks after my interview for me to hear back.

It took me exactly 3 weeks to receive an acceptance letter.

It took me two weeks to get my acceptance. :)

you must be a really good applicant
It depends when the Committee meets in relation to the interview - if you interview the Thursday before the meeting you would receive your notice right after that meeting. If you meet the Monday before the meeting it will take until after the next meeting to get your letter.

It depends when the Committee meets in relation to the interview - if you interview the Thursday before the meeting you would receive your notice right after that meeting. If you meet the Monday before the meeting it will take until after the next meeting to get your letter.
that's interesting, thanks for the info, what about interviewing on a Friday? where do you think that would fall?

Good Luck to everyone!

Congratulations! I'm extremely nervous for my interview. What type of interview was it? How did you prepare for your interview?

no I mean like atleast a 20 MCAT

I might be totally wrong but I think it's about half (more than half if people choose not to attend) because I think they interview 300ish and our class size is around 140.

Yea your wrong, they interview way more than 300.. Today alone I saw 50 people during one of breaks from class

Yea your wrong, they interview way more than 300.. Today alone I saw 50 people during one of breaks from class

They interview so many people, whyyyyy don't they waaaant me? Arrrgh :(

Lol you posted this Thursday which was pharm interviews. The interview around 350 for DO.

Lol you posted this Thursday which was pharm interviews. The interview around 350 for DO.

Was def DO today since it said and I quote "DO Interviews" all over the doors... But again I guess they could post the wrong signs and then for some reason the DO faculty and DO students interview pharm students....

I'm going to keep with they interviewed a lot of more than 300 people since I saw 50 today

Also posted on Friday, might need a 2015 calendar? Shouldn't have bought the 99% 2014 calendar

Last edited:
Or maybe Thursday was pharm and today was DO... Anyways, last year they had 7-8 interview days with 40-50 interviews each (per Trena). I have heard the 350 via several different sources, though.

Or maybe Thursday was pharm and today was DO... Anyways, last year they had 7-8 interview days with 40-50 interviews each (per Trena). I have heard the 350 via several different sources, though.

Dang 350 is a way cut back from my class, I interviewed in the AM with 30-50 people and there was also a PM interview. And they interviewed a crap load of people. (In an old man voice- "you kids have it too easy")

^^^ I'm no expert, but it is hard to get into medical school anyway you stretch, call it, or put it. A very integral part of that is receiving an interview, whether they interview 100 or 1000, it is a blessing, as they don't interview everyone, this is your opportunity to look someone in the face and tell them why you deserve to be here, that is invaluable. if you are blessed enough to receive an interview from a school, put all the numbers and statistics to the back of your mind, and focus on showcasing the best you, and everything that is meant to be will fall into place. good luck to those waiting, congrats to those accepted, and well wishes for those currently on the journey. Praying for you all.

Reactions: 2 users
that's interesting, thanks for the info, what about interviewing on a Friday? where do you think that would fall?
That would usually be included but it can depend on the number of applicants they are prepping for Committee, it is apparently quite a process.

You're right, it was pharmacy thurs and DO friday. I didn't realize it was after midnight when I was on here. And you're right about the amount of people interviewed because I heard that from Trena too.

Has anyone called to ask about their application status (pre-ii)? I want to call to show that I'm still interested (and to find out any info about my app) but I think it says on the portal that info on app status is not available...

Has anyone called to ask about their application status (pre-ii)? I want to call to show that I'm still interested (and to find out any info about my app) but I think it says on the portal that info on app status is not available...

I called almost every school pre-II to make sure that they were not missing anything from me. I don't trust the portal and a few times schools were needing something and my file was actually on hold when the portal said I was complete. With 5-10k applications, mistakes are made. I wouldn't go calling every week but one call doesn't hurt. It's better to call and find out now then get to the end of interview season and find out you were on hold the whole time for a reason you shouldn't have been. I had originally indicated I was going to retake my MCAT on AACOMAS. I made a change and even indicated that on secondaries that I was not retaking but I swear almost every school I called had me on hold for an MCAT retake.

I called almost every school pre-II to make sure that they were not missing anything from me. I don't trust the portal and a few times schools were needing something and my file was actually on hold when the portal said I was complete. With 5-10k applications, mistakes are made. I wouldn't go calling every week but one call doesn't hurt. It's better to call and find out now then get to the end of interview season and find out you were on hold the whole time for a reason you shouldn't have been. I had originally indicated I was going to retake my MCAT on AACOMAS. I made a change and even indicated that on secondaries that I was not retaking but I swear almost every school I called had me on hold for an MCAT retake.

Great, thanks, I'll do that! I think at this point in the game it's okay to call and ask, it's not like we're neurotically calling a day after submitting our applications.

Is traffic getting to PCOM bad? I'm coming from Knoxville for an early February interview and I'm thinking that I'll just drive up the morning of. Because its close to Atlanta, I'm worried about getting stuck in traffic and not making it on time. Would anyone suggest that I get a hotel room or should I be able to make it in without much trouble?

Is traffic getting to PCOM bad? I'm coming from Knoxville for an early February interview and I'm thinking that I'll just drive up the morning of. Because its close to Atlanta, I'm worried about getting stuck in traffic and not making it on time. Would anyone suggest that I get a hotel room or should I be able to make it in without much trouble?
just fyi PCOM is actually about an hour + away from the city of Atlanta in traffic, so I would be sure to account for that. You will definitely save some dollars by not getting a hotel, but I think it would prob be safer to drive up the day before, get a hotel for the night and drive back post- interview

I would drive over the night before, just to save the headache. Coming from Knoxville, you'll have to catch I-285 to connect from I-75 to I-85 and, as someone who commutes daily to my clerkship sites in Atlanta, I can tell you that it's a disaster in the morning and not something you want to deal with the day of an interview :)

I would drive over the night before, just to save the headache. Coming from Knoxville, you'll have to catch I-285 to connect from I-75 to I-85 and, as someone who commutes daily to my clerkship sites in Atlanta, I can tell you that it's a disaster in the morning and not something you want to deal with the day of an interview :)
I'll probably try to get a room somewhere then. Thanks!!!

I just found out that I'll have to miss an exam for my current interview date, and my professor isn't being very cooperative about me taking my test another time. I've already confirmed my interview date. . . Has anyone rescheduled an interview here? I'm worried it'll look bad if I already confirmed that date and have to reschedule.

:boom::boom::boom:

Last edited:
I just found out that I'll have to miss an exam for my current interview date, and my professor isn't being very cooperative about me taking my test another time. I've already confirmed my interview date. . . Has anyone rescheduled and interview here? I'm worried it'll look bad if I already confirmed that date and have to reschedule.

:boom::boom::boom:
Did you communicate the fact that you have an interview I.e show confirmation to prof..I get a prof thinkin you were trying to get an extra study day, but a med school interview is legitimate grounds for an exam reschedule imo...Things happen, so I'm sure a reschedule is not the end of the world and I'm sure they have done so before, but whatever you decide to do, I think this is prob something that should be done sooner rather than later, as I'm sure accommodating a change will look worse the closer it gets to your interview day, I think your best bet is to call and find out how they feel about it, you don't have to reschedule until you get a feel for the schools willingness to accept a change ..good luck

GA interviews way less than Phila. They have a few big interview days and Phila has alot of smaller interview days. GA does interview about 300 more or less for their spots giving enough when people start to withdraw their acceptances. Phila has double the class size so almost double the number that they interview.