Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wait listed!! This kinda hurts though cause I was hoping to get admitted as I was still holding on making deposit on another admission. Hopefully I still get some love. Great school nottheless.
Accepted!!! So excited!
Hold letter .... *deep sigh*... i guess its better than a flat out rejection, and prob common towards the end of the cycle...anybody know how much movement we see on the waitlist, this is my first choice, and Im trying to figure out my chances of still getting in...congrats to those accepted! hope to see you there come fall.
If you don't mind me asking, when did you all interview? I didn't get a letter today, and I'm not sure if the mail is just a little slow or if you all interviewed before me.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you all interview? I didn't get a letter today, and I'm not sure if the mail is just a little slow or if you all interviewed before me.
Interviewed on the 6th. Letter was dated the 18th.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hold letter .... *deep sigh*... i guess its better than a flat out rejection, and prob common towards the end of the cycle...anybody know how much movement we see on the waitlist, this is my first choice, and Im trying to figure out my chances of still getting in...congrats to those accepted! hope to see you there come fall.
I got hold too..does this mean we're missing something or are we just on waitlist for the waitlist? :( This was my first choice schoo, and now I'm feeling kind of hopeless...

I remember at the interview Trena told us to send something to the GA campus and not the PA campus. Was that the deposit check? Don't want to send it to the wrong place since I only have 2 weeks!

She posted yesterday on fb for us to send to PA campus by April 15

I got hold too..does this mean we're missing something or are we just on waitlist for the waitlist? :( This was my first choice schoo, and now I'm feeling kind of hopeless...
It is not yet a waitlist, as they will consider you again and again until the last interview day, but I hear a majority of people on hold do end up on the waitlist, we'll prob know something for sure after April 15 as that is when the final deposit is due and the waitlist will be configured. the upside is that pcom does not interviewa tremendous amount of students so a good many of those who interviewed will hopefully come in off the waitlist at least that is the logic I have been hoping and praying to be true lol .. good luck to you, I know exactly how you feel right now.

Does anyone know how full the class is right now? Also, do most march interviewers get waitlisted or do they have a shot at being accepted directly? Thanks!

Edit: Sorry. Wrong thread.

Last edited:
I have a march interview and I feel like I am only interviewing for a waitlist spot. Oh well, what can you do I guess at this point.

It is not yet a waitlist, as they will consider you again and again until the last interview day, but I hear a majority of people on hold do end up on the waitlist, we'll prob know something for sure after April 15 as that is when the final deposit is due and the waitlist will be configured. the upside is that pcom does not interviewa tremendous amount of students so a good many of those who interviewed will hopefully come in off the waitlist at least that is the logic I have been hoping and praying to be true lol .. good luck to you, I know exactly how you feel right now.
I'm sorry you're going through the same, but I will hope for both of us to get in since we really do want this school. Thanks for the clarification!

Does anyone know how long it should take to hear back after interviewing? I interviewed in mid February and haven't heard anything yet.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing on March 18!! So excited, this is my top choice and I'm really hoping to get in this cycle. Any interview tips anyone??

Whoops meant to put this in the main campus thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long it should take to hear back after interviewing? I interviewed in mid February and haven't heard anything yet.
Officially they said we would know via snail mail in 4-6 weeks. However, from other people's posts it looks more like 3-4 weeks on average. Knowing our luck, thanks to winter weather, it will be closer to 6-7 weeks.
@very_juanderful.jpg

Does anyone know when they stop doing interviews?

Does anyone know when they stop doing interviews?

Just called and the admissions counselor said that they would be interviewing into April

Does anyone know if the written portion of the interview is something everyone has to take? I talked to my advisor and she said 3 of her students who interviewed this cycle didn't have to face the written portion of the interview mentioned on this blog. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if the written portion of the interview is something everyone has to take? I talked to my advisor and she said 3 of her students who interviewed this cycle didn't have to face the written portion of the interview mentioned on this blog. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance!
Everyone on my interview day took the written portion of the interview. They will base the interview questions they ask you off of your answers for the written interview section. Don't worry about it though. The questions they ask on the written part are very straightforward.

Everyone on my interview day took the written portion of the interview. They will base the interview questions they ask you off of your answers for the written interview section. Don't worry about it though. The questions they ask on the written part are very straightforward.
Thanks so much for that information! Do you by any chance happen to remember any of the questions you were asked? Were they general questions like, Why PCOM? Why osteopathic medicine? etc.

Has anyone who interviewed on 2/13 heard anything yet? I know that we were told to call if we hadn't heard in three weeks, but I'd hate to call if there are weather-related delays or something of that nature.

I just got a letter saying that I was on hold. Is this the same thing as being waitlisted?

I just got a letter saying that I was on hold. Is this the same thing as being waitlisted?
Nooo, they're just waiting until all of the interviews are done then you'll probably either be accepted or waitlisted.

Does anyone mind sharing how PCOM-philly or PCOM-GA handles II's? Do they release them in batches or somewhat randomly rolling?

Does anyone mind sharing how PCOM-philly or PCOM-GA handles II's? Do they release them in batches or somewhat randomly rolling?

I believe GA-PCOM send II in batches.

3rd year student here at GA-PCOM if anyone has any specific questions. I'll try my best to answer! Congrats to all accepted thus far :) for those still waiting, hang in there!!!

Reactions: 3 users
It depends on when is your interview date. I think if you just receive an interview, it's most likely the last dates(3/20 or 3/27) available making the chances to reschedule slim since March is the last month for interviews.

I just got an II this morning! GA-PCOM is my first choice, so I'm extremely excited =)

However, I already have an interview scheduled for a diff school on the same date that GA-PCOM scheduled my interview with them. Will it look bad if I tell GA-PCOM the reason why I have to reschedule my interview with them? I don't want them to think they are not my priority. GA-PCOM is my first choice, but I already booked flights/hotel for my other interview so it's tough to change.
Most of the decisions now are delayed decisions going to be on the wait list. If you think the other school will give you a straight out accept I would definitely go to that one. Waitlist is a real crap shoot.

How long did it take for an admissions decision post interview?

is anybody getting straight up acceptances recently or is it the on-hold thing across the board?

is anybody getting straight up acceptances recently or is it the on-hold thing across the board?
Probably out of 50 interviews there will be 10 or so acceptances. After the final deposit due April 15 things will shake up and more will go out I bet and then everyone waiting for MD schools and holding multiple deposits will have to choose and that will mean more movement. The game isn't over yet but interviews will be soon. Everyone just has to hold on.Of course if everyone would make up their minds and accept or withdraw or do whatever those waiting would not have to endure the ongoing torture. Come on people, make up your minds.

k cool. i wont get my hopes up but its nice to know theres still a chance at straight-up acceptance... however slim it may be.

When is the next committee meeting?

Thanks so much for that information! Do you by any chance happen to remember any of the questions you were asked? Were they general questions like, Why PCOM? Why osteopathic medicine? etc.

Hi Beast, Some of the questions I saw were "Why Osteopathic medicine? Why DO?" They were really good about going through each question, basically asking to have the answer elaborated on. The interview lead to other detailed questions.

Last edited:
Hi Beast, Some of the questions I saw were "Why Osteopathic medicine? Why DO?" "What would you do if you caught another student cheating?" "What are the most important qualities of a doctor?" "If you could go back and give your 18 year old self advice what would it be?" They were really good about going through each question, basically asking to have the answer elaborated on. The interview lead to other questions, too like how to deal with difficult patients, MCAT prep etc.

Yo tambien!

What is the average post interview turn around time? Any 3/13 interviewers in the house?

Cool! Who was your student leader during lunch?

I think it will be April 15 , need to wait

Last edited:
Post-interview, On Hold letter PCOM-GA , interviewed 3/13, IS.