Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted. Was previously on hold.
I offer you my sincerest congratulations!!! You survived! You made it!
frodo.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
That's awesome! Will you be attending? Is PCOM your first choice.
Congrats!!!!!!!!
Thank you! Its pretty exciting. However, I was accepted to another medical school in January, and I've pretty much committed there. I'll definitely consider attending PCOM though, just because I consider PCOM the Harvard of DO schools, but its more likely that I'll matriculate elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody heard when PCOM GA will make an update to the hold statuses? I found a former thread that said they did at the beginning of April. I then saw another place saying it would be after the April 15th shake downs. Anybody hear anything else?

Has anybody heard when PCOM GA will make an update to the hold statuses? I found a former thread that said they did at the beginning of April. I then saw another place saying it would be after the April 15th shake downs. Anybody hear anything else?
I thought someone posted at the top of this page that their hold status moved to accepted, no? Can it not be anytime?

I thought someone posted at the top of this page that their hold status moved to accepted, no? Can it not be anytime?
Yes, I believe up until that point it can be anytime, but generally I thought there was a - you should know by this time - sort of standard. I could be entirely wrong in this assumption. I'd rather wait for a yes, than speed up a no ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I believe up until that point it can be anytime, but generally I thought there was a - you should know by this time - sort of standard. I could be entirely wrong in this assumption. I'd rather wait for a yes, than speed up a no ;)

Ahh i see what you're saying.
Not sure when this will be.. Personally I wouldn't expect it before they've finished reviewing all of the last-interviewed applicants though, just due to the way I see the purpose of "on-hold". I could be entirely wrong as well. :cat:

Was 3/27 the last interview or are they still interviewing? anyone know?

Enjoyed visiting PCOM - GA. Very nice, new campus and welcoming faculty who really seem to get to know their students.

Last edited:
I applied back in October, no word... boosted my MCAT 5 points in January... any chances there are still interview invites going out? Thoughts on sending a letter of continued interest?
Interview are over and according to a post in Philadelphia they are not accepting updates or letters of intent.

So there's pretty much no chance of getting that $1500 deposit pushed back is there? I'm having trouble coming up with the money.

So there's pretty much no chance of getting that $1500 deposit pushed back is there? I'm having trouble coming up with the money.

Best to call admissions and bring it up with them. Any specific information you get here will be pure speculation.

Spoke with admissions. No way around the deadline. Just gonna have to beg and plead with the family I suppose haha. Small price to pay to be a doctor.

Spoke with admissions. No way around the deadline. Just gonna have to beg and plead with the family I suppose haha. Small price to pay to be a doctor.
I'm pretty sure you can put it on a credit card...... Maybe

Yes you can. Call and they will send a credit card authorization form am for you to fill out. Good luck!

Does anybody have any news on the hold or waitlist status timeline? How many people are on hold/waitlist? I have tried to call but of course no one is answering. I am sure they get many phone calls during this time period. I am sure many peoples lives are on hold for now.

Does anybody have any news on the hold or waitlist status timeline? How many people are on hold/waitlist? I have tried to call but of course no one is answering. I am sure they get many phone calls during this time period. I am sure many peoples lives are on hold for now.

+1 I have no idea what their timeline is for this cycle.

Accepted - was on hold for 2 weeks

3.44 GPA (big upward trend) and 31 MCAT

Gave up my seat this week. Excited for whoever makes it off the hold list :).

Hey everyone, I received an email regarding the Masters of Biomedical Sciences Program? Is this essentially a denial/ and an alternate option? I didn't send anything to their masters programs, and haven't heard anything regarding interview invite etc. from PCOM otherwise, so just a little confused?

Accepted at PCOM GA, was on hold post interview, interviewed on March 13, 2015. GA resident.
Received letter in mail dated April 20, local Atlanta received today afternoon.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted at PCOM GA, was on hold post interview, interviewed on March 13, 2015. GA resident.
Received letter in mail dated April 20, local Atlanta received today afternoon.

Congrats! So you live in Atlanta. Do you mind to share your stats?

I haven't seen much conversation on this thread lately. Wondering how many people are reading posts here daily with a hold letter. Anyone want to share?

Saw some people in suits on campus yesterday. Was there a DO interview? If so, seems like a much smaller group than I saw a few months ago.

I haven't seen much conversation on this thread lately. Wondering how many people are reading posts here daily with a hold letter. Anyone want to share?

Patiently waiting!

Accepted at PCOM GA, was on hold post interview, interviewed on March 13, 2015. GA resident, local Atlanta.
Received letter in mail yesterday 4/21 and was dated 4/20.

I am thinking applying for deferral to start classes in the next cycle because I just started a job in "clinical and molecular medical genetics" and I feel that experience will be very useful in future in residency/fellowship and practice. If deferral entrance is not granted, I will begin this cycle?

Last edited:
Accepted at PCOM GA, was on hold post interview, interviewed on March 13, 2015. GA resident, local Atlanta.
Received letter in mail yesterday 4/21 and was dated 4/20.

I am thinking applying for deferral to start classes in the next cycle because I just started a job in "clinical and molecular medical genetics" and I feel that experience will be very useful in future in residency/fellowship and practice. If deferral entrance is not granted, I will begin this cycle?

It's good to call and find out your option(s). Only then, you will know what works best for you.

Everyone on hold- keep your head up. I was stalking this thread and received a letter in the mail yesterday with an acceptance.

I'm having a difficult time on deciding where to go to school- does anyone know PCOM-GA's comlex step 1 pass rate for the past couple years? How about match statistics?

To all of you waiting on an answer- good luck!

Everyone on hold- keep your head up. I was stalking this thread and received a letter in the mail yesterday with an acceptance.

I'm having a difficult time on deciding where to go to school- does anyone know PCOM-GA's comlex step 1 pass rate for the past couple years? How about match statistics?

To all of you waiting on an answer- good luck!
Congrats! Do you live in the Atlanta area? Do you mind to share your stats?

Congrats! Do you live in the Atlanta area? Do you mind to share your stats?
Born and raised in Atlanta, so it's strange that PCOM-GA has shown me the least love of all the other schools in the south.
I do mind on public threads (people start getting weird about it)- but you can message me if you want!

Born and raised in Atlanta, so it's strange that PCOM-GA has shown me the least love of all the other schools in the south.
I do mind on public threads (people start getting weird about it)- but you can message me if you want!

Nah,I'm sure PCOM-GA likes you. It's just how they do things differently sometimes.

Does anyone know how long PCOM-GA students get for board study time at the end of second year?

Thanks!

For those interested, this years complete match list just got published:

GA PCOM 2015

Anesthesiology (4)
LSUHSC
South Pointe Hospital
Tulane University SOM
University at Buffalo SOM

Emergency Medicine (6)
Florida Hospital
Medical College of Georgia
Mt. Sinai Medical Center
Southwest Medical Center
University at Buffalo SOM
University of MO-KC Programs

Family Medicine (27)
Akron General Medical Center/NEOMED
Aria Health
Atlanta Medical Center
Blue Ridge Healthcare
Community Health of South Florida
Eastern VA Medical School
Floyd Medical Center
Gwinnett Health Systems (2)
Heart of Lancaster
Houston Healthcare (2)
Jacksonvile Naval Hospital
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
Ocala Regional Medical Center
Palm Beach Consortium for GME
Peconic Bay Medical Center
Southeastern Health
Southern Regional AHEC
St. Anthony North Hospital
St. Vincents East
The Medical Center
University of Minnesota Medical School
-Smileys Family Medicine Clinic
University of Tennesee COM
University of Tennessee St. Thomas Hospitals
UTHSC St. Thomas Hospitals
Vidant Medica Center/East Carolina University

Family Medicine/Neuromuscular (1)
Larkin Hospital

Family Medicine/OMM (1)
St. Joseph's Hospital

General Surgery (4)
Largo Medical Center
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
William Beaumont Army Medical Center
University of FloridaCOM

Internal Medicine (29)
Arnot Ogden Medical Center
Blue Ridge Healthcare
Camden Clark Medical Center
Carolinas Medical Center
Christiana Care
Danville Regional Medical Center (2)
Drexel Univ COM/Hahnemann Univ Hosp (2)
Huron Valley Sinai Grace
Kennedy University/Our Lady of Lourdes
LECOM/Wright Center for GME
Lewis Gale Memorial Hospital (2)
LSU SOM
Medical College of Georgia
Mercy Suburban Hospital
Methodist Health System
North Broward Hospital District
Palmetto General Hospital
Sacred Heart Health System (2)
Southeastern Health
The Medical Center
UH Regional Hospitals
University of Alabama SOM
University South Alabama Hospitals
Wright Patterson Medical Center

Medicine Primary (1)
University Connecticut School of Medicine

Neurology (3)
Univeristy of Kentucky Medical Center
University of Colorado SOM
UPMC Hamot

Obstetrics & Gynecology (4)
Memorial Health/University Medical Center
Good Samaritan Hospital - Bethesda
Medical Center Central Georgia Mercer USOM
University of Tennessee COM-Chattanooga

Orthopedics Surgery (2)
Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Wellmont Holston Valley Medical Center

Pediatrics (5)
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Emory University SOM
Jackson Memorial Hospital
Palmetto Health Richland
University of Tennessee COM

Physical Medicine & Rehab (4)
Larkin Community Hospital
U Texas Medical School-Houston
Univeristy of Kentucky Medical Center (2)

Psychiatry (5)
Arnot Ogden Medical Center
Allegiance Health
University of Alabama Medical Center
University of Florida COM-Shands Hospital

Radiology (8)
Medical University of South Carolina
Medical College of Georgia (2)
University of North Carolina Hospitals
Baptist Memorial Hospital
University of Cincinnati Medical Center
Allegheny General Hospital
University of South Albama

Surgery-Preliminary (2)
East Tennessee State University
Emory University SOM

Internship (12)
Inspira Health Network
Larkin Community Hospital
North Broward Hospital District
Palisades Medical Center (3)
Palm Beach Consortium for Graduate Med Ed
Peconic Bay Medical Center
Rowan SOM/ Christ Hospital
Samaritan Health Services
St. Petersburg General Hospital
UH Regional Hospitals

Military Internship (1)
Madigan Army Medical Center

119 PCOM GA graduates matched in 2015 of total approx. 130ish (assuming approx. 130 were enrolled in class of 2015).
What about remaining 11 candidates of 150 total filled in?
OR there were only 119 DO students in class of 2015?
My question is more directed towards if there are any unmatched?
I think GA PCOM will be the only source to know how many were enrolled in DO class of 2015.

119 PCOM GA graduates matched in 2015 of total approx. 130ish (assuming approx. 130 were enrolled in class of 2015).
What about remaining 11 candidates of 150 total filled in?
OR there were only 119 DO students in class of 2015?
My question is more directed towards if there are any unmatched?
I think GA PCOM will be the only source to know how many were enrolled in DO class of 2015.
We were told it was 100% matched

Im assuming you mean 130 enrolled, and that sounds about right. I was class of 2015.
Of the decrease in the number matched, you are seeing people that took research years, fellowships, or who left in the first couple of years.
Of those left, 100% placed. There were unmatched that had to scramble/SOAP, I have no idea how many of those there were.

PCOM GA Residency match seems awesome!

Im on hold as well. it seems like a large number of applicants from the main campus actually got acceptance letters via email yesterday. I wonder whats going to be the deal with GA campus. I know that they will at least tell us whether we are on the waitlist, so hopefully something comes soon. good luck to those also waiting.

Reactions: 2 users